Sure glad I live in Arkansas, not New Jersy

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by chubcobear, Nov 30, 2010.

1. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

2. Infidel

Infidel New Member

NJ can suck it, IMO. Don't like it there? Change it or move out. Guy should have never went home and broke thier laws, regardless of how stupid and mindless they may be.

Sorry....
  3. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I would never live in a state with gun laws as strict as NJ. However I did have to give up my class III weapon when I moved to Washington. I did not realize until after I had moved (my fault for not checking) that I couldn't own a fully automatic in WA. I cant imagine giving up my handguns too.
  4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

So the only thing they got him on was High Capp Mags and Hallow Points. Since he was not liveing inNJ when he purchased the guns he is not required to get a NJ Purchaseing Permit. Right? What a crock of Chit. 7 years in prison and now he is a convicted Fellon cuz of this. WTF ever.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You're actually "glad" to live in arkansas? :rolleyes:

I lived in n.w. arkansas for 16 years and have been to little rock several times and i can tell ya that the only thing arkansas has going for it is the affordable price of $27 for car liscense plates...and thats the ONLY thing arkansas going for it.

mike
    gn
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

All the more reasons to fight like hell to preserve your gun rights from encroachment by both our own government and the likes of the UN - whose plan would make NJ gun rights seem downright liberal by comparison ! >MW
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

thats why me and my friends have a "plan"

the system isnt always right and if it ever does you wrong why not fight it. i'd rather be dead then screwed.
  8. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    I sometimes wish I did live in NJ so that I could vote for anybody other than Frank Lautenberg!!!
  9. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Aye, glocknut, Arkansas does have a reputation, but nothing like California, where I retired from...... I will take the $27 car tag price any day over the high yearly tag in old California. I also like the personal freedom that does not, can not, exist there in the peoples republic of Kalifornia. AR is a beautiful state to live in, and real easy on individual rights.
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Jeez 7 years for having guns in the trunk of his car.

Has a crime really been committed? I didn't read New Jersey law but I did read the Constitution. Especially the part that says "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed..." It doesn't have a clause that says "except in the trunk of cars in New Jersey."

I think this man's rights have been trampled.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I am pretty sure that when you cross state lines, the laws in said state apply to you.

This is why people need to start throwing their weight around with regards to Constitutional rights.

He should sue New Jersey for what happened, and take it to the SCOTUS.

Limitations on high-capacity magazines, or what type of ammunition you can have is an infringement.

If the government is allowed to have armor-piercing stuff, the people should be allowed to get it too.

Only when you use it to harm someone else should you face prosecution.
  12. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I blame the mother. Why'd she call 9-1-1, cuz the kid was bummed and made a comment? My son is going through a custody battle and if I did that every time he was upset, I'd be on every other day. And why did he return when they called him? He was under no obligation to do so. What's up with searching the car? Did I miss something? Was there probable cause? The whole thing stinks.