survivaliist forum ?????

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by guns4life, Mar 22, 2010.

1. guns4life

guns4life New Member

After this new unconstitutional health care bill and the general unrest of our society of free thinkers would a survival forum be a good idea your thoughts ??????
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

While survival issues do touch on guns (usually), the true scope of surviving on the land goes vastly beyond firearms issues.
    A survival forum would be very interesting, no doubt, but I don't think it would fit the purposes of this site. Our administrators work hard to keep this a firearms-focused group of forums, and adding a survival forum would be a step in the wrong direction for the stated goals.

If you have a few survival questions, though, they would be perfect fodder for the "Off Topic" forum.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

There are many out there. Do a google search under survival...
  4. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Would also be a good topic on the hunting forum, as hunters should have basic survival skills if spending time in back country.
  5. justinmar22

justinmar22 New Member

North Kortright/Ny a small place in the middle of
    survival is something we must not forget, it was an instinct at the begining of Man.!!:):):cool::D:D:D
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

What would be the sense for survival without an ipod?
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Good idea, Diana...

Any survival topics would be well received in the hunting forum... I don't know about you all, but I've been lost in the woods at "0 dark thirty" while on a hunting trip and any survival skills that I had gleaned through the years were helpful.

Donny
  8. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I used to teach survival classes. Spent a lot of years in back country wandering around.

Might be good to have a thread where people can post their stories and tips for survival in different regions and situations.
  9. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Gun Geezer, I love your avatar.
  10. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I would like a woodsman/desert/water survival thread, a lot of us could use the learning and a lot of us have had our share of oops moments we learned from...well I hope we learned from.

In the meantime if you would like a nice Christian based survival forum that covers the gamut from single shot 22's to the best HAM radio to field medicine to growing beans let me suggest Frugals Forum. No roadhouse talk there but a lot of friendly people with a wealth of information on nearly everything and anything under the sun. If it isn't against the rules the link is here.

http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/vb/search.php?searchid=1500146