Survivers of KC-135 Tail Number 55-3133

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by frank1947, Aug 30, 2008.

1. slopdog

slopdog New Member

as I said I have photos of the KC-135 crash e-mail me at bobcanfield@netscape.com
  2. Ed K

Ed K New Member

I was at Dyess A F B in Texas then 43250 mos
    I dont remember a crash I was on 130's having just left Dover A F B fixing C 133's I was a flight line mech never worked in a shop
    just saying hello
  3. Nephew/JohnL.Johnson

Nephew/JohnL.Johnson New Member

Hello everyone, my name is John. My Uncle Sgt. John Lafayette Johnson died in this crash. I never got to meet him. I am named after him and would love to know anything and everything you guys can share. Not knowing much about my Uncle John has has me searching for a long time. Anything would be helpful.
    Thanks, John Johnson
  4. buffcrewchief

buffcrewchief New Member

I remember John Quigley who was killed in this crash. John was on TDY to Utapao and was assigned to our B-52 team. I had just received my flying status and the last thing John did before leaving on that fateful day, was give me his flight suit. John was a good friend to the whole team. I wore John's flight suit when I flew my first and last combat mission. RIP John.
    Sgt Dennis Deveckx 4258th, Utapao 1968/69.
  5. Gordontel45

Gordontel45 New Member

Wasnt John Quigley from Pease AfB in New Hampshire. I think I knew him I was on that Plane I boarded in Guam and lost a good friend Al Porter. Anyone one filed for Disability PTSD from that Horrific Crash. Its 40 years later and I am working on it since I also did BienHoa Vietnam after that - Gordon T. gordon.tel@hotmail.com
  6. Richard Muenich

Richard Muenich New Member

I worked with Alan Major, who passed away on the Wake Island KC-135 crash. Alan and I also were roommates at Pease AFB, New Hampshire. We worked in public information together for well over one year. I attended Alan's funeral in Queens, New York. His family was devasttated. His family asked all of us to wear our Air Force uniforms to the funeral and we sat immediately behind the family at the church. They were so gracious to us.

In 1969 I returned to Guam and did the same job Alan did in 1969. Assigned from the 509th Bomb Wing at Pease. On TDY for six months. Also witnessed the crash of two B-52D's in May and July 1969. I was about 100 yards and immediately adjacent to B-52 that went down in July. The right wing definitely came off and caused the crash. Eight people on board, including a maintenance person and a public information person from Fairchild AFB.

I was scared to leave Guam on the very same date that Alan Major did, but only a year later in September 1969. We also flew out on a KC-135 flight to Hickam AFB, Hawaii. Fortunately, our flight was fine, no problems. I ended by duty in 1971 at Pease. The B-52's left and were replaced by the FB-111's during my last year at Pease.

Rest in peace, Alan.