svt 40/avt40

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by menotseeu, Feb 22, 2009.

1. menotseeu

menotseeu New Member

I recently bought a svt stock because the one with the rifle had been altered. (The guy that did it called it "custom"..right!) Anyway, when I received the stock I found that it was a avt stock. The avt stock is thicker. Does ANYONE know if the svt buttplate will fir the avt stock?? AND/OR, does anyone know where I can get one if it IS different!
    Totally frustrated
    Thanks
  2. menotseeu

menotseeu New Member

Wow, Is it dead in here or what!
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

No,

I, and I am sure some of the others here do not know what gun you are refering to. Perhaps more explaination would help. A member who knows a what you are trying to do may come aong and read this. Sorry but it may take some time. Best regards Kirk
  4. menotseeu

menotseeu New Member

Sorry H&H,

Patience is not my strongest virtue.
    My apologies.
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Good question. I have never had to check to see if a Russian svt 40 semi-auto rifle would fit in an avt40 stock. I have seen that the parts of different svt 40's are not always interchangeable. Sometimes hand fitting is required and sometimes they go together without a hitch. The only way you are going to know if the avt stock will fit your svt 40 is to give it a try. I'm not sure about the buttplates, but I think they are the same. The Gunparts Corporation or Springfield Sporters may have them.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Exactly the same, all the hardware from one, fits the other.
    The AVT-40, or select fire version of the SVT-40, was thicker in the wrist area to withstand the pounding from full auto fire. Easy to identify, the AVT stock has two safety cutouts, the one on the right will sometimes be plugged with an arsenal repair.
    All SVT's that were re-arsenaled, were fitted with an AVT stock. All AVT's were converted back to SVT's then, because they couldn't withstand the pounding any better than the stocks could.
    Good luck finding one, your only chance is maybe Marstar in Canada. There's a forum member on Surplus Rifle Forums that is making duplicates of military rifle stocks for the members there at a reasonable price. The catch is, he needs a stock for a template. I know he has had several requests to make replacement stocks for SVT-40's.
    This is mine with the Naval Infantry version of the AVT stock, and the dust cover scope mount I fabricated. You can see the stock repair above the trigger.
    [​IMG]
  7. g36kinnc

g36kinnc New Member

WTS SVT40 Tokarev rifle parts cheap

I have the following nice original parts for the SVT40;

where would you ever find these if something broke? GREAT spares!!!

1 Complete exc. trigger group ready to install 100.00

1 Complete bolt and carrier group, all matching 100.00

1 rear sight complete 20.00

recoil group/ gas parts 25.00

some small parts misc.

I will sell all for 206.00 shipped paypal or M.O.

GPrue8@aol.com or 336-620-3223 Greg