svt 40 corroded barrel

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by svt40, Sep 26, 2005.

1. svt40

svt40 New Member

Ok I've got questions for those who have answers. As my user name suggests, I own an svt 40. It is a tula 41. Great condition.... except for the barrel. Very corroded, as I understand it's a common problem. Very few of my old rifles captivate me like this one, and that is why I'm willing to invest in it. I have litterally researched every angle to my problem, from lapping the barrel to replacing it or re-boring it. I don't want to sacrifice the caliber, the guns strength, or really even the original barrel. That's why I'd really like to re-bore it. Is that possible? How much? Where? SVT barrels are REALLY rare to come by and pricy if you can find 'em. I know some one is going to say "why not just shoot it the way it is". I have and actually it's not as inacurate as I thought. Either way, I'd be happier if when I looked down the bore it looked like it just came of the tula assembly line. Thanks.
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Man, that`s a tough one. We did have a few here that had these. You might try "Google" at the bottom of the page. They are nice rifles.
    Welcome and good luck....BTW, let us know if you find a new place for older barrels. Better get a few as the importation has been halted altogether on all imports.

LTS