SW9VE opinions please?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by GaryO, Jul 23, 2005.

1. GaryO

GaryO New Member

My daughter is considering the SW9VE handgun for self-defense. I think these pistols used to be called the Sigma series. Very moderate cost. Any opinions out there? Thanks, Gary O.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Go read this thread and then tell your daughter to run in the opposite direction.

Sigma Thread

If that's not enough, go up to the search feature above and type in "sigma" and read all the threads as discussed here before!
  3. bompa

bompa New Member

As a satisfied owner of a SW9VE and many more costly handguns I would recomend this gun highly..A target pistol it is not but it is proving to be very accurate even with cast bullet reloads..It seems the big complaint is the trigger pull and they do come from the factory on the heavy side..On my example after a lot of dry fireing and a few hundred rounds things got better.
    Wolff also marketes a reduced weight striker spring that offers some help also..After replacing the striker spring and several hundred rounds of lead bullet reloads the trigger is no worse than the double action trigger on a S&W revolver..
    The sigma is most often compared with the glock and in my hands the sigma feels much better,as a matter of fact that was one of the reasons I bought the Smith..
    Well maybe the first gen. sigmas had problems but the present models are great..
    Seems that there is a lot of missinformation out there about this gun that it doesn't deserve..
    First off it is not a blowback design..The barrel has a fully supported chamber and standard rifleing..These are just the main points there are many more positive things about this gun..Never had any feeding problems either..
    I like my sigma..
  4. stetson

stetson New Member

This subject been beat to death! My personal experience has been
    one good with 9mm and negative with 40 cal which I quickly traded
    for a glock 17.I keep the one I have but I will never buy another!