1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

"Sweat-proof" CCW Holster

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by SandW640, Aug 15, 2005.

1. SandW640

SandW640 New Member

At a local gunshow this weekend, I got an IWB holster for my Smith and Wesson 640. It's not a brand-name holster and I'm not 100% sure what it's made of. It's some type of canvas material. It fits my gun well, but I noticed that even with a layer of Under Armour between my skin and the gun, the inside of the holster was still damp after wearing it for a few hours yesterday. This can't be good for the gun or the ammo. Can anyone recommend a good IWB holster that is "sweat-proof"? Thanks.
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

You could get a horse hide holster. I think they repel water a better than cowhide. Or Milt Sparks has two or three holsters with a water proof layer in side the holster. The heritage is one of them. You can look at them at miltsparks.com.