sweet .22 scope

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by BETH, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

bought this new scope 3x9-40 now when i site this in at 50 yrds once i have it on 50 yrds do i then put the elevation turret and the right left turret on zero?:confused:
  2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

No, loosen the little allen head screws and set it on 50, after you sight it at 50, then tighten them and it should shoot properly at 100 when you go to 100 on the turret, or properly when you go back to 25. The right- left should be used like any other scope.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a Sweet .223 which is probably pretty close to the same thing, so this may not be exact for your scope. The Sweet 223 does not have a 50 yard marking, it starts at 100 yards. My Sweet 17 is totally different from the .223 one.

Once you get it sighted in at 50 yards, set the turret on it with the 50 yard mark (on the turret) lined up mark on the scope itself. Once it is set there, use the tiny allen wrench to tighten the three set screws on the turret. Once that is done, if you want to shoot it at 100 yards or 150 yards, all you have to do is turn the elevation turret to that distance and it is dead on at that yardage, in theory, anyway!! You should never have to touch the wind-age knob again.

Good luck, maybe some one with a Sweet .22 will come along and give you better information
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

loosen the turret scdspe it in on 50yrds then tighten turret at 50 yards
  5. gdmoody

The turret was probably on the scope when you bought it. After you shoot the rifle and have it zeroed in. You will then use the little allen wrench that it should have come with, to loosen the three set screws on the turret and lift the turret off (it doesn't matter where all the marks are ) be careful not to strip out the screws.

Once you have the turret off and in your hand, put the turrett back on the scope with the 50 yard mark on the turrett and the one (1) line on the scope all lined up. Once you have the lines all lined up, re-tighten the three set screws. Again, be careful not to strip them out.

Your scope is now ready. To change distances all you have to do then is turn the elevation (top) turret.
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

the 1 line?
  7. gdmoody

I am saying that the scope body only has ONE line!! (1) line, sorry the Army coming out in me with putting numbers in () such as forth-five (45)
  8. gdmoody

Stand by, pictures coming in one (1) or two (2) minutes!
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok guys thanks, back to the range i go
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

George is right on Beth. Zero the scope at 50 yards regardless of what the turret ends up saying once zeroed. then loosen the turret cap/knob via the small hex set screws and set it to the 50 yd mark without moving the turret itself and tighten it back down. Then repeat for the windage turret and youre good to go. All youd need is to set the range on the elevation for the desired range to be shot at and dial the windage in gradually as you shoot the rifle to bring it on target. The windage part is the part that takes practice. You will need to make a range card for the ballistics your rifle prodeces in order to get that adjustment right before taking any shots.
  11. gdmoody

Sorry it took so long, my blasted computer locked up on me and I had to reboot the thing. This scope is a Sweet 17 I found in my safe.

Picture one is the scope body showing the ONE line on it. The turrett and Allen wrench are laying to the right side. You can see one of the holes right over where it says 17 HMR, that is where the set screws are. Loosen all three set screws, you do not have to take them all the way out.

The second picture is of the 100 yard line lined up with the line on the scope body. Once that is done tighten the set screws back up.

EDIT: Your scope will probably have 50 yards on the turrett instead of 100

Attached Files:

12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Not to argue, but I've read that subsonic .22s sighted in at 37 yards equate to 100 yards. :eek:

Maybe Beth can prove one way or the other. :)
  13. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Bob that sounds like it should be just about right. The next time I am zeroing one of the rifles I will try that and find out. But let's get Beth's scope properly set for a 50 yard zero first.:D
  14. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

The scopes also come with 3 turrets for different bullet weights. I hope Beth uses the one for her favorite round. It'll be closer to being on target. I find that mine don't always shoot exactly to what the turret says.
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok went to the range got scope zero in at 50yrds with turret on 80yrds? can i set the turret to 80yrds loosen allen screws take turret off put it back on and set it for 50yrds and tighten? will that work?
  16. gdmoody

Take if off without turning the turret at all. Then set it back on with the 50 yard lined up with that line on the body!
  17. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

should i set it at 80 first then take it off since i zeroed in 50 yrds with it set on 80?
  18. gdmoody

After you zeroed the rifle, have you touched the turrett?

If you have not touched it then take it off where it is!!

If you have moved it somewhere else, then turn it back to 80 and remove it.
  19. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok great thanks to everyone and for the pictures and i will set up a log for the different distances and what the turret is set at thank u all so much
  20. gdmoody

You are welcome. I hope I was a little help to you.