sweet .22 scope

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by BETH, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i read the instructions and had help with others that have the same scope, i'm doing something wrong
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

It's gotta be something Beth and I hope you can figure it out soon.
    As I was saying, my friend and I was talking via phone before he came up and it was hard to understand his problems he was having til he'd came up.
    He'd been telling me the way the rifle was shooting and I'd asked him to check everything I could think of and thought that he did. It took "hands-on" to get it sorted out, which it wasnt no big problem, just seemed hopeless to him.
  3. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

Beth,
    a Suggestion,

can you take a pic of the scope for the forum and post it?
    zero the rifle at the range and windage that you want and snap a shot just like it is.
    Post that shot and let one of the guys walk you through the final settings.
    I truly believe that there is some minor detail lost in translation.

Curlyjoe
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Good idea Curly if i have time will do you know what they say picture is worth a thousand words
  6. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Three family members have owned these scopes. So that means that I have had to deal with all three while shooting at camp.

Here's what I know from working with them.

Forget about the turrets and the yardage adjustments. Yes, FORGET ABOUT THEM.

Zero the scope for the yardage that you want as if it was a regular scope.

Think about it for a second...how could they be correct for yardages other than the initial zero? You zero it for 50 yards with your ammo. Now you want to shoot at 100 yards so you twist the turret to 100 yards. It could only be correct if you are using the same ammo weight shooting at the very same velocity.

To think the turrets are worth messing with is like saying that you can zero your rifle with ammoA and then expect it to be zeroed when shooting ammoB and ammoC. It won't be most of the time.

With all of that said...

The turret adjustments do not return to your initial zero consistently or should I say...they never do.

We zeroed my brother in laws "Sweet 22 Scope" at 50 yards then did all the turret settings as per the instructions. Then rechecked the 50 yard zero and it was fine.

Then we turned to turret to 100 yards and fired a 5 shot group at the 100 yard target. It was 4" low.

We turned it back to 50 yards and fired a group at the 50 yard target...it now 1" low.

See what I mean?

Forget about using the turrets to adjust for distance, just use it as regular scope.

Just how they even thought this would work is beyond me since different ammo, barrel length and even the weather effects how a bullet travels. Couple that with a cheap chinese made scope with turrets that don't even return to zero and it is even a crazier idea to expect it to work as they say it will.

Disclaimer: I mean NO butthurt to those that bought one of these scopes, just telling how I see it from my experience with three of these scopes on three different rifles. Not one of the three worked as it was said to work.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  7. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

So, are these scopes like the Cabelas scopes you can buy and utilize turrets for different calibers like the mach 2?
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I think so, except I believe that is the Sweet 17 like I pictured before. I am not really sure what Cabela sells, since I've never bought from them.