Swiss K31 Rifles

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by lead, Jul 1, 2004.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Do many of you own these Swiss rifles? If so, how do you like them and, is there any ammo available for them other then the milsurp I see advertised by the distributors who are selling the rifles? Thanks.
  2. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Thanks to 358 Winchester, I own a 1936 with the Walnut tiger stripped wood. I have not fired it yet, but hope to soon.

I own many WWII rifles from different countries and I can tell you that the Swiss K31 ranks near the top of the list as a favorite! The craftsmenship is supurb!

Ammo is currently expensive and hard to find, but I believe since the rifle is being imported in large numbers, some manufacturer will begin production again.
  3. merc

merc New Member

Hi guys
    Congrats on the Swiss K31.
    Everytime I see these on the various sites for sale I am temted.
    I have heard nothing but great reviews on these.
    Everyone loves them.
    And the price is great for ANY firearm.
    I say go get it.
    Heck-get 2-they are cheap enough
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I love my K31. The action is smooth, the trigger is perfect. Those Swiss sure do pay attention to quality.

It's really hard to afford ammo for it, though. You almost need to be a reloader just to afford ammo. I have the dies for 7.5x55 Swiss, but I don't reload. It's on my list of things to do. :)
  5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Well, I reload and I'll be more than happy to take those dies off your hands, Sniper! [grin]

Don't have a K31 yet. Want one bad. It's on my list of guns to get. Have to get a new washing machine out of the way, first.
  6. mauserman454

mauserman454 New Member

I agree, they are some of the finest military rifles ever made. I have three, two are K-31's, and one Gew 1911. They are super accurate.

BTW, I reload for mine using .284 Winchester brass and Lee dies.

MM454
  7. NuclearMeltdown

NuclearMeltdown New Member

Get one; you won't be sorry. The ONLY downside is with the ammo.
  8. Glocker

Glocker New Member

Great rifles, but expensive ammunition. I wouldn't count on anyone making ammunition for it either.

Your best bet is to load your own, IMO. Grafs has good, inexpensive brass for it, and it uses standard .308 bullets.
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Everything you need to know about Swiss ammo!

Swiss Ammo
  10. Smallbore

Smallbore New Member

I have a few ( o.k actually five :D) of them myself. I think they are one of the best C&R buys to come along in quite a while. Sure the ammo might be a little pricey but that goes with playing the C&R game in my book.
  11. twotoescharlie

twotoescharlie New Member

I have ,

11 K31's
    3 swiss vetterlis
    2 Italian vetterlis

get a K31,shoot it and most likely your other C&R's will become safe queens.

TTC
  12. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

I just picked up my first K-31, haven't got to shoot it yet. I've been able to identify most of the stamp markings, but there's one I can't figure out. I've tried Swissrifles.com, Surplus Rifles.com etc, but nothin'...
    It looks like a script, or cursive capital D. It's on the cocking handle, bolt ans handguard ring. It's small and hard to make out Any ideas????
    Thanks,
    Huck
  13. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

As far as ammo goes for the K31. A co-worker of mine with an FFL called J&G sales about the surplus 7.5x55 Swiss. They told him that they were out of the surplus but that Wolf is supposed to be producing the 7.5x55 and other European milsurp ammo in the near future. I hope this is true because the Wolf ammo is certainly more affordable than most and it's non-corrosive.
  14. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Wow, that would be nice! Although, I have to say, the "el cheapo" quality of Wolf ammo won't do the K31 justice.
  15. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

Yeah, but when you shoot it with Wolf ammo you will still be able to eat and pay bills. :D