Swiss K31 Rifles

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by lead, Jul 1, 2004.

1. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

WOLF is definitely going to produce 7.5 Swiss . Should be out in 3-4 months .
  2. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Good news ! I just got some photos and a history of the soldier who was issued my K-31. The original owner passed away in 1982, but his Son in law was very helpful. I expect to keep in touch with them. Now my rifle has a more complete history. Just one more thing that makes Swiss rifles so great!
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

That's cool that you were able to track him down. :)
  4. RGRWJB

RGRWJB New Member

THEY ARE GREAT GUNS
  5. mohctep

mohctep New Member

I read somewhere that Hornady was doing a deal with Graf and Sons for a run of hunting ammo for the 7.5 Swiss.I think it was in a Shotgun News. :cool:
  6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

I have 2...a beech and a walnut. Soldier tags were under both buttplates...wrote both guys...got replies from both!

Awesome rifles...
  7. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Just got mine for Christmas and took it out to the range yesterday.

Looks like it's printing a bit to the right, which means drift the front site forward, just a hair. Of course, this was at maybe 50 yards, tops, so I'll have to wait until I can get it to a regular outdoor range before I make any serious sighting in decisions.

It's walnut, made in 1943 and originally issued to a Phillipe Petter of Prilly, Switzerland. I'm putting together a letter to send to the Phillipe Petter still living in Prilly, not too far from the original address!
  8. danochev@yahoo.com

danochev@yahoo.com New Member

Cabelas carries 7.5x55 ammo in hornady 165 grn. norma 180 grn, and wolf 180 grn. Norma is a little steep at 40.00 a box. The Hornady would be a good hunting load, aprox. 20.00 a box. The wolf resembles the suplus ammo with full metal jacket. I have all 3 in my safe. All shoot well.
  9. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

The surplus Match ammo that is out there (may be gone by now) is great ammo. Try to find that instead of new stuff. You won't be sorry. I bought a life time supply (I'm old enough that that much is not all that big).

LDBennett
  10. I own two K-31s, and wouldn't trade them for any other milsurp rifle I've ever shot. They're accurate, reliable, and built like Swiss watches. As for ammo, yes, Wolf is making it so ammo should not be that much of a problem when the milsurp ammo supply finally runs dry. I also have Lee reloading dies for the cartridge. Graf also has unfired brass for the cartridge. I have a feeling that other ammo makers will be getting into the act before too long as well. There have been a lot of Swiss K-31s sold in the U.S. over the last few years, and Americans are finding the caliber is an excellent one for anything from target shooting to hunting.
  11. K31fan

K31fan New Member

I'm having trouble fitting a shell holder for Swiss 7.5x55. Lee size listed is same as 30-30 (#3 shellholder for Auto Prime) but Wolf cases I have won't fit that holder. Also 40 year old Herter shell holder for 30-30 won't fit it either. A shellholder from a set made by Lyman for 30-30 does fit the Wolf case.

Is the Wolf ammo not standard size for head dimensions?

Anyone else have problems with finding a shell holder for the Swiss case?

Also, what kind of reloading dies do you recommend?
  12. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

My Dillon manual says to use the 30-06/243/308/25-06/35Whelan shell plate.

LDBennett
  13. Laufer

Laufer New Member

A guy in northern Italy (on another website) has contacts among the Swiss Army Reserves.
    He stated in January that the ammo will continue to be exported to the US.

If somebody like Prvi ever decided to copy/produce GP-11 and somehow this were to bring down the ammo price by a good bit, wouldn't the rifles' prices take a jump?
  14. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

This is my prize k31 given to me by my father....... along with a few others. am I proud of this one? Waddaya think? :D

These are all the same rifle. Originally issued to a Swiss Army Colonel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Latigo