Swivel attachment on new Remington 7600 pump

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by hnter1022, Jul 22, 2012.

1. hnter1022

hnter1022 New Member

Does anyone know if someone makes a swivel set for the new Remington 7600 pump? All the new kits i have seen use a barrel band. I would rather have a set up like the pre-68 kits where the top swivel uses a longer screw in the forearm for the swivel. I have looked but have not found anything for this set up for the newer 7600.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The older guns had a fixed action tube with a non-moving cap so the screw for a sling swivel could be put into the cap, resulting in a strong attachment that would stay put. But the newer guns have a short tube and the screw that holds on the foreend moves with the foreend. That setup makes for a lighter and easier to use rifle, but the foreend setup is not strong enough to attach the sling swivel. That is why the swivels for those newer guns use a barrel band, and I suggest you use that method of attachment. Also, if the sling swivel is attached to the moving foreend, the sling will flop around as the action is worked and make operating the rifle difficult.

Jim
  3. hnter1022

hnter1022 New Member

I have decided to go with the "UNCLE mIKES" set up as suggested by some others after doing some research, the set up is #1391-2 it's acctualy for a Winchester 94 & Marlin 336 but it has a 2pc band set up to fit barrels of .630-..675 the set up that they want you to use with a 1 pc band does not fit to well from what ive read and you end up scratching up the barrel. You would think that after all this time Remington would have solved this problem.
  4. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

To install a one piece band you need to remove the front sight , they fit fine and will not move if done properly . There is no problem for Remington to solve , Uncle Mikes already did ! ;)