1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Synthetic lubes and cleaners

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sigpro2022, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Many of you newer folks are not aware of Silver Bullet Gun Oil (SBGO) as we refer to it here at TFF. If you want to try some of the best oil on the market, go to our own CW GRIPS store here at TFF and see Carl for a bottle. I think you may find you will be done with the rem oil afterwards.
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Why are people so obsessed with cleaning every time you go to the range? I clean about 3 times a year or more if the gun manfunctions. I am lazy and my guns all run perfectly.

As for lube I use Wilson moly grease and Mobil 1 0w30.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks Dan.
  4. hansom

hansom Former Guest

Yes i would recommend grease for polymer guns too except the Ruger P95 which does not ride on metal rails, i put grease on my Sigpro too and all my Glocks, just the rails though everywhere else get G96 oil and or Eezoz.

All metal Sigs should get grease, there is a reason why Sig includes a tube of grease in their New Gun boxes.
  5. hansom

hansom Former Guest

Yes i would recommend grease for polymer guns too except the Ruger P95 which does not ride on metal rails, i put grease on my Sigpro too and all my Glocks, just the rails though everywhere else get G96 oil and or Eezoz.

All metal Sigs should get grease, there is a reason why Sig includes a tube of grease in their New Gun boxes.