1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

T Bland & Sons

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sue, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Sue

Sue New Member

Hi i have a Riffle that was owned by my Great Grandfather and do not know much about it,it has on barrel
    T.Bland &Sons
    London
    430 west strand ser# 5857, 9705 ?
    can anyone tell me what this riffle is
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Thomas Bland & Sons have been in business 170 years and produced many different types of rifles, and good photos with more detailed description will be needed for identification.

Here's a history of the firm:

http://www.woodcockhill.com/TB&S HISTORY.htm
  3. Kestral

Kestral Member

I happened to be in London the week that Blands closed down.There was a large metal skip outside the front door,guarded by two policemen. The staff spent the day carrying out handguns,rifles, shotguns and all sorts of accessories and just dumping everything into the skip.I must have stood nearby for over an hour watching it all,I left there feeling thoroughly depressed for the rest of the day.