T/C Contender Rear Sight Question??

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gdmoody, Sep 27, 2008.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I recently bought a T/C Contender barrel in .45 Colt. When I bought it, the rear sight was not installed because the previous owner had a scope on it. I replaced the sight without any problems.

When I shot it, I found that it shoots very high - at 15 yards I was not even hitting paper so I walked to about 6 feet and it shoots 3-4 inches high. I cannot adjust it any lower because the adjusting screw bottoms out.

Is it possible that the sight is for another Contender barrel? Do different barrels have different length rear sights? If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate your input.
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

As I recollect the front sights are interchangeable. You need a higher front sight to make it shoot lower. A phone call to TC might reveal what you need for your combination of caliber and rear sight. The rear sights as originally supplied by TC were excellent. The pistol barrels have one type and the rifle barrels have a different one, but TC would know for sure what you have by you explanation of the sights size. The sights have to paired (front and rear) for the length of the barrel and the caliber.

LDBennett
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thanks LD

I will attempt to call T/C for some answers