T/C Encore Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Fresh20
    (2/17/03 1:33:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All T/C Carbine & Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey,
    I'm looking into getting a Thompson Contender Carbine (Encore?) and am wondering if anyone has any opinions/experiences with it? I'd like to be able to convert it to a pistol from time-to-time......
    Probably get the rifle in .308, and pistol barrels in .22, .44 & maybe .223
    Cheers
    Evan

procrastinator43
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/17/03 6:32:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Carbine & Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't own an Encore but have had a Contender for quite a few years. Great guns, you will not regret buying one.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/17/03 2:50:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Carbine & Pistol
    I, also just have the Contender version - both with pistol barrels and carbine barrels. Always worked very well for me as long as the 40,000 PSI rule for any of the ammo loading isn't violated. The Encore models, naturally, will handle all of the loads up to 55,000 PSI with aplomb.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/17/03 9:48:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: T/C Carbine & Pistol
    I have the Encore in pistol version chambered for 7mm/08. Wonderful gun, will do anything a 20" barrel rifle will do at reasonable ranges.
  2. ksbohuntr

ksbohuntr New Member

Have had both Encore and Contender, got rid of Encore due to the trigger was in my opinion junk, contender you can adjust trigger where you want, you can build them in carbine as well 444 marlin , 375 win, 309jdj THATS MY OPINION latest and greatest isnt always the best. By the way still have contender G1. You can usually by a G1 cheaper as well.

Attached Files:

3. Twicepop

Twicepop Member

My only experience with them is the one I have as a muzzle loader a 209x50 stainless composite model, and have nothing but good things to say about it. I guess I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to previous posts, I've had two Contenders in the past, and I kept the Encore. The Contender is a little smaller and lighter, but the Encore will handle higher pressure cartridges. Either one will serve you well.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't