1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

T/C Firestorm .50cal

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

mterick
    (1/3/02 11:32:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All T/C Firestorm .50cal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just bought a T/C Firestorm .50 cal flintlock at GunBroker.com. (delivered $235) It's in excellent condtion. I just took it out of the box. I was wondering if anyone could recomend load/patch, or anything else about this gun. I plan on trying .490 round ball with different patches and working up the charge from 75 2f Goex BP. I'll figure out what's best, but advice can be a welcome shortcut too. I'm curious about conicals. Thanks for the help!

IShootBack
    (9/26/02 6:59:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Firestorm .50cal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The barel twist is to fast for round balls in newer Firestorms.
    I'd try conicals or maxi-balls - and start at 70 to 75 grains of FFG and work from there. Every BP gun will have a bullet and load that works best in your particular gun - it takes lots of range time testing cleaning and documenting your load to learn what works and what does not.

Good Luck.
    ISB

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/26/02 8:22:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Firestorm .50cal
    Have owned several T/C BP rifles - they all seemed to prefer the 365 - 385 gr conicals with about 90 gr FFG bp and a musket cap for ignition.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"