T/C Firestorm .50cal

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

mterick
    (1/3/02 11:32:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All T/C Firestorm .50cal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just bought a T/C Firestorm .50 cal flintlock at GunBroker.com. (delivered $235) It's in excellent condtion. I just took it out of the box. I was wondering if anyone could recomend load/patch, or anything else about this gun. I plan on trying .490 round ball with different patches and working up the charge from 75 2f Goex BP. I'll figure out what's best, but advice can be a welcome shortcut too. I'm curious about conicals. Thanks for the help!

IShootBack
    (9/26/02 6:59:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Firestorm .50cal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The barel twist is to fast for round balls in newer Firestorms.
    I'd try conicals or maxi-balls - and start at 70 to 75 grains of FFG and work from there. Every BP gun will have a bullet and load that works best in your particular gun - it takes lots of range time testing cleaning and documenting your load to learn what works and what does not.

Good Luck.
    ISB

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/26/02 8:22:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: T/C Firestorm .50cal
    Have owned several T/C BP rifles - they all seemed to prefer the 365 - 385 gr conicals with about 90 gr FFG bp and a musket cap for ignition.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"