Tac-lights and house guns

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by delta13soultaker, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Popeye

Popeye New Member

I just read this entire thread. Finally the last posting (the one before this one) made sense. My house, my stomping grounds. I know the layout, the BG doesn't. He needs a light, I don't.

In my opinion Tac-Lights for civilians are an evil plot to seperate you from your money. They are neat and cool and unnecessary.
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I have a "tac-light" at home. A Surefire Nitrolon. It's a handy little flashlight and I like it a lot. I use it all the time and have to fight the kids to make sure they don't run the batteries out.

If someone were to break into my house, however, I'd leave the flashlight where it was and gather the family into my bedroom. I'd use a cellphone to call the cops and warn anyone in the house (in a rather loud voice) that I've called the police, I'm armed and to leave immediately. Anybody that steps through the bedroom door that doesn't satisfy me that they're the police gets the contents of my gun and my wife's gun. Simultaneously. (Heck, the 17 year old might even unload on the sucker, as well!)

Yes, I know the house better. But I'm not playing tag in my house with a predator.