The Firearms Forum banner

Tactical Rifle Brands

946 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fragout 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I have some questions about the different brands of Tactical Rifles. I'm new to this area of rifles and want to purchase an AR-10. What are some deciding factors to look for that actually controls accuracy, consistency, and reliability? Because from what other wise I have seen, all the "funrniture" that is or can be applied is all the same, and fits on all makes. I had a Sig 308 in my hands yesterday and it seemed really nice. Was it? I'm not a gun expert, but I'm serious about this and willing to learn. Thanks guys.

#2 · (Edited)
I picked up a Ruger SR762 awhile back and its been a decent rifle so far. (This is coming from a guy who isn't an AR fan by any means.)
The SR in short is set up in your typical M4 layout........only it is chambered in a decent cartridge for hunting med to large game in north America.
The other big difference is that it utilizes a short stroke adjustable gas piston instead of the usual direct gas impingement that most others of this type use...... So the rifles chamber and BCG are much easier and faster to clean.
The BBL is a 16in med weight chrome lined tube with 1/10 in twist and its also fluted under the handguard.

I also liked the fact that the rifle sold with three 20rd mags.

In not sure what you mean by a tactical rifle but this would be a good choice for an all around general purpose type for folks who are familiar with AR s.

As much as I like the Ruger, I won't ever get rid of my Springfield Armory M1A A1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.