Tactical Vest

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by 45nut, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

My #2 son was a DS for the Army. It is such a demanding job. My sons' Philapino wife came through it with flying colors despite having no family contact with the US military prior to marying my son. She is a remarkable woman. Serving in uniform gives most people a vastly different perception of the world than those who have never served, more so for those who have seen combat. There is beginning to be such a disconnect from the realities of the world by those who have never been in the military that I fear that we may all be in for a real bad awakening. Our misleaders are the tail wagging the dog.
  2. Pistol Liberty

Pistol Liberty New Member

If valiant warriors ever get to the place where you despise the citizenry you've fought and sacrificed for, this country is doomed. Some of us may have had the better part of ourselves run down our momma's leg while she was in some drunken stupor at a party or in the back of the Chevy but, I believe most us who have never served in uniform still deserve, and HONOR, the work of our American warriors.

My draft number was too high in 1971 to be called. I never called any returning Vietnam vet a baby killer. I've seen the 1000 yard stare in men's eyes. I've been humbled by what circumstance has done to men who served with and without choice. I've worked alongside several Vietnam vets burdened by their damaged souls. I still do.

My honor and duty as a US citizen is that I have striven to buy American every chance I get. I drive substantially American-made vehicles with American names on them. I vote in every election. I encourage others to vote. I, and my family, were/are worth defending. And I thank you, for whatever that may be worth to you, for working for me and mine, or some higher ideal of what America should be, in your minds.

We are not garbage.
  3. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member