take a walk back to 1964

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, May 15, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Can't go that far back - them's pre hatching days...
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its a speech by reagan , you may want to remind yourself what was the fear then , then take a look around .. but he has the fix , even back then ..
  4. ka64

ka64 Active Member

It was a very good year.....
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah pretty good , got my first rifle of my own ..
  6. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

Graduated high school and got ready for the big adventure of University.
  7. Shoobee

Shoobee Former Guest

I mostly remember Reagan for the crap he pulled while governor of Calif.

For example, he banned the open-loaded carry right in Calif.

Now when you hear burglary sounds in your immediate neighborhood, you can no longer legally strap-on your gunbelt with Smith&Wesson or Colt and go out and take a look to see what is going on before you call 911.

Reagan had no right to do what he did. I guess the Black Panthers unnerved him.

So sorry, I am not a fan of this guy. He seemed to be all talk and no results.

He did get results with massive tax cuts and skyrocketing deficit spending to stimulate the recession economy of the early 1980s. Whereby he had embraced Keynesian economic principles. This basically makes him the original author of the present Bush/Obama spending hikes, although Reagan seldom gets proper credit for it.

Odd thing though, Reagan said he would cut the deficit, but instead it skyrocketed. So I guess he changed his mind then. No worries, they always change their minds once they get into that office in The White House.

Just saying. Don't want to spark a huge debate or anything.

"Love whom you will but doubt what you hear," like it says in the song.
  8. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

What Reagan says is true even today.I think he's awesome and with no "teleprompter".
  9. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

"The issue today is the same as it has always been throughout history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." -- Thomas Jefferson