TAKE HEED, YOU WRITERS.......!

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by rooter, Dec 5, 2010.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Grammar, Capitalization and Punctuation‏
    "Ay, caramba! Hey, ju Yankees, we don't need no stinkin English lessons. Soon ju will need eSpaniss lessons, eh"?
    Vamonos.
    Pancho

I cannot stress enough that grammar is important.

In this world of hi-tech, I have noticed that many who text messages and email have forgotten the "art" of capitalization.
    To those of you who may fall into this category, please take note of the following statement.
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

This lesson is finished.
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't type well or spell well, but I do my best. And as far as that horse, he can jack himself off.:D
  3. Jay

Jay New Member

...Especially when the written word is all there is to base an opinion on. It simply indicates to me that a person either doesn't know any better, or is just too lazy to put forth any effort to be reasonably "readable" in print. English wasn't my most stellar subject in school. I put forth just enough effort to pass it, so I could stay eligible for sports. That being said, I try to spell, and write in such a manner as to not be embarrassed to have my name attached to something I've written. There are times that I spell incorrectly, for emphasis, or just goofing off. Most folks have a word processor, that usually has a spell checker in it, and some even have some grammar tools. Those tools are not any more difficult to use than the controls on any firearm. Good spelling and reasonable grammar, isn't required on any forum I frequent. Neither grammar, nor spelling should reflect on the knowledge or abilities of a poster...... but sometimes they do.
  4. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Jay, that's an excellent composition and you explained everything you believe in so well. I think you hit upon a lot of the problems when you mentioned plain laziness by some folks. You know, I'm on board here more than anyone it seems...jacking my jaws..doing 10K words when 1K would have served the purpose...Just my nature to write things because I don't jabber that much...My dear wife of 56 years often complains that we never talk...I suppose it's better to be picked on about that than to be boisterous and embarrassing..I do enjoy writing and often encourage other veterans, especially those who've seen combat, to tell their stories...I swear it helped me from bad dreams....Thanks for your remarks, Marine...and thank you for your service to our country...Chief
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Hi guys, I believe I am the epitome of lazy in the human race....But I can smell......heehee.
  6. Jay

Jay New Member

Thanks Rooter. I missed seeing your response when you posted it. I worried a bit when I posted that. I figured I might aggravate some folks, coming off like that, but then, tact has never been one of my strong suits. Besides, if a SeaBee can tolerate me, I gotta be doing somethin' right.

Semper Fi, SeaBee

Thanks for you service. Happy Armistice Day