Tamoto Pemon

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 45nut, Jun 12, 2009.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Tomato Pemon

1 - can tomatos - stewed, diced, whole, or 3 or 4 fresh ones diced.
    1 - T diced onion
    1 - T diced bell pepper
    2 - large cloves garlic chopped
    1 - T bacon grease
    1 - egg, beaten

Heat a non stick skillet and put in your bacon grease, then add the onion & bell pepper. Saute until clear then add your tomatos and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste, but it's supposed to be hot! Reduce liquid by half and add your beaten egg cook until egg is done and eat it with your cornbread.

It tastes better than it sounds!
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Sounds worth a try, now if I could only figure out what corn bread is, or a 'bell' pepper. We have them red or green
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Tranter,

Red or green peppers are both "Bell" peppers here in the Colonies.

Cornbread

1 cup of corn meal
    1/2 cup of flour
    1 teaspoon of salt
    1/2 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 egg
    2/3 cup milk - you want a thick batter about the thickness of a cake.

I heat a cast iron skillet on the stove top with 1 tablespoon of oil. When it gets very hot, take off the heat and add the cornbread. Transfer to your oven and cook @ 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden brown.

I don't know if you were just kidding, but this is a good recipe.
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

No 45nut, I was not kidding. In fact I love trying different foods. I eat a lot of things I learned to like in different places, from falafel in the mid east (gives me wind) to several wonderful Brasilian dishes, especially deserts using coconut like cocada (gets stuck in the teeth).

I am still trying to make American hash browns like I used to get in the diners in the mid and south west.
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Peel some russet potatos and grate them. Put them into some hot water for about 1 minute then let dry on some wax paper. Get a skillet or griddle hot, add some oil or heavy English butter and fry them up.

They sure would go good with a tradition English fry up, especially if some of the juice from your beans got onto them or some Tabasco.

[​IMG]

I like the one with meat. :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

45 nut My monster in-law makes something real close to this and she adds potatoes and lets it simmer quite a while. Your recipe almost has me wanting to pay her a visit. NOT! I will try yours here at home. Thanks for posting. JUNK
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

May I dice up a fresh jalapeno or two in this, please? :D

Sounds good 45nut, I'll have to try it soon!

Crpdeth