TAPATALK!

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by Olympus, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

You guys need it over here! There's no cost to forums to integrate with Tapatalk and it would be a lot easier for me to participate using my phone rather than a PC. There are also still only a handful of gun forums that use Tapatalk right now, so I would say it would drum up some new membership as well. I know I joined a couple new forums only because they were available through Tapatalk and I participate pretty regularly.

Just a thought, but I think it would be beneficial.
  2. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid New Member

I second this!! I do most of my forum reading during the day, as schedule/time permits, on my Droid phone.
  3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Hopefully some others will chime in as well.

Heck it's free to register a forum, so I don't know why they aren't all on there.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

what is tapatalk?
  5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It's a forum surfer application for smartphones. It makes it much easier to participate and read forums from a smartphone rather than using the internet browser on your phone.

Here is their wesite: www.tapatalk.com
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

That's definitely something worth considering. I've never used Tapatalk myself (I need a sturdier device than any of the smartphones currently), but I've heard that it's a night and day difference in ease of using forums. Our software is supported, so it shouldn't be a difficult process.
    We'll see what some of the staff think before long. :)
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

We've discussed smart phone access. I'm sure we will make it happen at some point... just not sure when yet.
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

From some of the stuff I have heard it does have some security holes in it.

But, from a user standpoint I have 4 forums on taptalk right now and would be more than willing to add another.
  9. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

Do you capitalize and punctuate when you use it, or do all the words and sentences run together?
  10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I don't personally use Tapatalk, but I'm on another board from time to time where most everyone does. It allows the user to correctly capitalize, punctuate, and otherwise make their posts completely readable.

None of this "iwent donw to the gun shop this monring to buy somthing new and the guy at the counter siad he couldnt sell to me he said i had to be from kentucky my parents live there and i just wanted a new rifle for when im at there house sum1 please help me" unless that nonsense is what the user actually types.

Now, if there were an app that would translate that back into English, I would be all for that! :D:D:D
  11. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan New Member

Other shooting forums I access on my iPhone via Tapatalk are:
    * Guns & Ammo
    * Northeastshooters
    * The Firing Line
    * The Russian Mosin Nagant Forum
    * Gunboard
    * 1911 Forum
    * Surplus Rifle Forum
    * Military Surplus Collectors Forum
    * The High Road
  12. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome to TFF Col ! I like Tapatalk also, but wow, where do you find the time for all those forums? I limit myself to two and I spend 95% of my time here as I find the folks here to my liking. I do peruse other forums from time to time though; I like the Nagant forum.

Glad to have you aboard.

Semper Fi,

Woolley
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day Col. Welcome
  14. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I'd still like to see this forum provide Tapatalk access as well.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thanks for the link. I am a member of a Georgia based forum that has its own app for the iPhone. I have never been able to use it easily. I just downloaded the tapatalk app and connected to The Outdoors Trader, it works great!!

I have connected to TFF with the Safari browser with my phone and it really sucks. It would be really great if TFF would sign up to use tapatalk.