Target Idea

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Clayne_b, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Clayne_b

Clayne_b New Member

I do alot of shooting at 100 yards or more with the .22lr. I can spot my hits at 100 on paper but at longer ranges its hard to tell.

So i have an idea

I don't know if anyone has tried this. So lets say your paper target is set up and you set up an orange sheet of paper behind that lets say 12 inches. would that be enough distance that the angle of bullet flight threw both sheets of paper would be different then line of sight threw target paper to see orange paper threw the hole? then maybe it would be easier to spot your hits?
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

at 100 yds or more hitting anything the size of a ping pong ball is doing very well indeed! try neon orange balls ( or any color if you perfer) hang off a wire with cheap sewing thread. a solid hit will break the thread and a glancing hit will knock the ball around. you can gather the balls for a better idea of final accuracy. at 50 yds i use to use a magic marker ant draw a bullseye on them. maybe me but my sons and I seemed to have a blast at the range with them! course we used them for any thing from .22 to 357mags!

we used a wire clothes hanger and 2 wood stakes around 5 ft long, pointed at bottom. hammered into ground and with a hole drilles in each for the wire to go into. just leave enough wire hanging out to slightly bend it over a bit to secure the wire. with 5 ft stakes we could hang 2 wires one above the other with about 8 to 10 balls per wire.
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

why not use shoot-n-see targets?

[​IMG]
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

A spotting scope is a good investment.