Target store's...seeing RED

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

TF118
    (3/2/03 1:56:28 pm)
    Reply Target store's...seeing RED
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received the following disturbing e-mail which I thought I should share with ya’all …While Target has the right to take this unpatriotic position , that right has been guaranteed by the men & women of this countries military forces …so it is…and it’s every citizen’s right to shop wherever they please…so it’s our duty as Veterans to use our freedom of speech to help inform the American public that’s this store could give a tinkers damb about Veterans so they can make there own decisions as to where their loyalties lie.
    Gabby

Target Store

Date: 2/26/2003 6:24:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

WRITTEN BY: Dick Forrey, Vietnam Veterans Association

We asked our local Target store to be a sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans'
    Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received back a reply from Target management that "veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the areas of arts, social actions and education."

My thought: if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall, and the veteran himself, does not meet the criteria of these areas, something is wrong at Target. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, but simply sponsorship and endorsement for a "memorial remembrance." As follow-up, I E-mailed the corporate Headquarters and their response was the same.

Personally, I will NOT be buying anything at Target Stores again. If the Vietnam Veteran does not meet their area of giving then why should I, as a Vietnam veteran, spend my hard earned money in their stores?

Please pass this on to as many people as you know.

Veterans Helping Veterans

PS: Target will also not allow the Marines to collect for Toys For Tots.

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/2/03 4:12:56 pm)
    Reply Re: Target store's...seeing RED
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TF,

The information has been passed a long this way at an earlier date. If I remember correctly, someone had said it was not true. However, a number of happenings along this line had showed Target for what they really were and I for one will not shop there.

Thanks for the post!

Hope

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/2/03 10:53:52 pm)

Re: Target store's...seeing RED
    It's another one of those urban legends and not true.

I don't care for Target myself but I have to call it as I see it - and this isn't true.

TF118
    (3/2/03 11:02:50 pm)
    Reply Re: Target store's...seeing RED
    Oop's !!