Targets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donnie D, Apr 7, 2012.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Way to go Donnie but I am laughing at the image of what you just described. I would be laughing at my self if I tired it too but the way you told it was just a hoot.
  2. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

I was going to try the can trick last night but after I drank enough beer to have some cans I was in no shape to shoot. Maybe I will try again tonight if I can remember where I put all those cans.:D:D
  3. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

The beer cans are probably aluminum and may be to thin walled. Might bust open to easily to build up pressure. Give her a try anyway. Might need to use some steel cans. Let me know how it goes.

Donnie D :D :patriotic::dance::AR15firing:
  4. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I had a ball with it, but next time I'm takin more ammo...and more cans.

Donnie D;)
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Hey beth I took a pop can filled it with water and put an empty on top.Shot it with .22 and the bottom can exploded and the water went flying,the can was shredded to bits but the top can just fell over,it didnt pop up into the air.I dont know if you are supposed to use pop cans or not,please advise me if I was wrong.Pretty cool though.
  6. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Saw Tom Knapp do this with 2 paint cans. So of course I had to try it. First attempt not so good. Filled the can all the way up and it just exploded. Second attempt much better only filled the can a little over half way. Made the top can go up about 30 feet. I was so thrilled I forgot to keep shooting, until it was already half way down. 3rd time I kept shooting but was so giddy I couldn't hit the darned thing. Wish we had videoed it. We were using #7 shot
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Were these 1gal cans ?and did you put the lids on both?Im guessing the lids are on but please let me know.
  8. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I haven't had a chance to try it much, but the best luck I had was using two 14.5 oz steel veggie cans I don't think size matters as long as the top can is the same size or larger than the bottom one. Remove the top from the bottom can and fill or almost fill it with water.
    The aluminum soft drink cans are too thin and weak walled to work, so don't use them.

Donnie D :D