tasco scope for 10/22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

green275
    (9/20/02 7:35:36 pm)
    Reply tasco scope for 10/22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all, totally new to shooting and to this amazing forum!

Took the plunge into the shooting world, bought a 10/22.
    Hope I did the right thing.... I found a scope, tasco "Varmint" model 2.5-10 x 42. Is this a decent scope, and will there be a problem down the road (I heard tasco went out of business).

I also would like an instruction manual, or advice since I don't really know how to use a scope properly!

I can hear you guys all the way up here...(What a newbie!) but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right?
    Thanks for the help.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/20/02 10:27:00 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: tasco scope for 10/22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome green275, THat big scope will really make a shooter out of that gun

What questions specifically do you have? Is the scope already mounted on the gun?

green275
    (9/20/02 11:14:32 pm)
    Reply Re: tasco scope for 10/22
    Yes, (by now) that scope is on.
    I see the magnification adjustment on one end, and range adjustment on the other end,... is that all there is to it? (Hopefully that scope can make a shooter out of ME!)

The gun is already customized quite a bit, so there is not too much I need to do to it.

It has: Butler creek 20" fluted barrel, thumbhole silhouette stock, and I am having the trigger group worked over, on the advice of a friend who says that is a must. From the posts here, I have decided to also get the quick bolt release (the stock one IS a bit fiddly), and the extended mag release.
    Anything else I should consider?