1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

tasco scope for 10/22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

green275
    (9/20/02 7:35:36 pm)
    Reply tasco scope for 10/22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all, totally new to shooting and to this amazing forum!

Took the plunge into the shooting world, bought a 10/22.
    Hope I did the right thing.... I found a scope, tasco "Varmint" model 2.5-10 x 42. Is this a decent scope, and will there be a problem down the road (I heard tasco went out of business).

I also would like an instruction manual, or advice since I don't really know how to use a scope properly!

I can hear you guys all the way up here...(What a newbie!) but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right?
    Thanks for the help.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/20/02 10:27:00 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: tasco scope for 10/22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome green275, THat big scope will really make a shooter out of that gun

What questions specifically do you have? Is the scope already mounted on the gun?

green275
    (9/20/02 11:14:32 pm)
    Reply Re: tasco scope for 10/22
    Yes, (by now) that scope is on.
    I see the magnification adjustment on one end, and range adjustment on the other end,... is that all there is to it? (Hopefully that scope can make a shooter out of ME!)

The gun is already customized quite a bit, so there is not too much I need to do to it.

It has: Butler creek 20" fluted barrel, thumbhole silhouette stock, and I am having the trigger group worked over, on the advice of a friend who says that is a must. From the posts here, I have decided to also get the quick bolt release (the stock one IS a bit fiddly), and the extended mag release.
    Anything else I should consider?