Taser X12

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by deinonychus75, Feb 7, 2008.

1. deinonychus75

deinonychus75 New Member

I just saw this for the first time tonight and thought it was "interesting". Out of curiosity - I'm wondering what others opinions are on this type of self/home defense weapon. It may even be a while before it actually hits the market. Looks like possible law enforcement only? Maybe some police officers/military have had experience with it already?

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/TASERX12.aspx
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Looks pretty interesting, great idea, but for me, if it gets to the point I have to draw down on someone for breaking into my home, I'm going to introduce lead buckshot, I have seen people shake off tazers before and still keep coming, especially the ones that are all drugged out on Meth, PCP etc......I've never seen someone shake off a blast from a 12 gauge.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I'm with Rom. Electricity hurts a lot. (I've taken a stun gun, and I know it's different from a Tazer, but it's the same kind of thing.) But it doesn't alway incapacitate--and it certainly never does so quite like lead.
  4. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Great Idea and a great platform but for the price wouldn't a Mossberg 500 be better?
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I don't see a big market for the LEOs for that. Unless I missed something and it is some super taser, why not carry the sidearm for the size benefit. Though that thing sure looks intimidating :eek:

I know one thing though, if I was in the business, I wouldn't be investing in tasers, I would be investing in those flashlight incapacitating deals. Tasers aren't PC anymore, it's only a matter of time before they are "relics" :D.
  6. cec

cec New Member

Interesting idea. I like the concept. I see that for LEO use, there would be a Lethal backup.

Knowing my luck I would hit the suspect in the eye or a major nerve center. I have that knack, go for less lethal shot and whoops.

As for the flashlight, hand out these suckers. You have 15 minutes to remove the threat :) - http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/the-torch-why-illuminate-when-you-can-incinerate/

Best quote I read about them "This flashlight had better make a sound like "bwwOOOWWWWMMMmmmm" when you turn it on."