Tasered for Open Carry

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by aa1911, Sep 11, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

If and when the order is ever given to attempt to disarm american citizens, these spineless cops that dont understand the law or the constitution will be on the front lines attempting to follow out those orders. I really do not want to bunch all cops together, I really dont, because I know there are good cops out there, but, I would not only have this guys job, I would have everything he owns. Its so past time to educate cops on how to deal with the armed public, its not funny. I understand the threats they sometimes face out there and they are real and I want to see them all go home to their familys at the end of the day. But this type of nonsense is being recorded more and more and it seems that nothing is being done training wise to counter these situations. If you are so scared of a person having a gun on his belt that you have to electrocute him, you should probably be bagging grocerys at wal mart instead. It is getting out of hand and someone needs to do something about it before these cops hurt someone.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it just seems fairly obvious in many cases (and almost all of these recent videos) by a person's mannerisms and action/attitude whether he has ill intent or is just a LAC carrying a gun. Obviously there's some sneaky creatures out there but especially when there's mulitiple officers, a taser or gunpoint seems unnecessary. A simple conversation rather than heated demands would have resulted in one less taser cartridge the city would have had to buy, not to mention a potential law suit.

there appears to be some grey area here whether the guy was waiving the gun around earlier or not, will keep an eye out for any updates on this fella. If he's in the right, I hope he's a millionaire by the time it's all over.
  5. Double D

He doesnt know how to do his job and should be given a desk job until properly trained (if possible) He definitely should not be carrying anything more lethal than that taser since he is afraid and his fear could cause someone injury.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The manager of the Apt. Complex called the cops. The manager fled the office, and called the cops telling them that the man was upset. That after he got upset, he left, and came back with a gun.
  7. Double D

So?
  8. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

Quote:

The employees tried to leave and avoid Hendricks, but met up with him in a breezeway, where he allegedly pointed his gun up in the air and began to lower it, as the employees ran away.

An officer who arrived on scene tried to talk to Hendricks, who said he was "doing what he had to do to protect his family," the police report states. He also asked to speak to Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and the Secret Service. Hendricks said he wanted to speak with the Department of Justice and saw nothing alarming about his actions, according to the police report.

Hendricks told the officer that he had been diagnosed with depression, but that his other mental health issues were none of the officer's business, the report reads.

Police repeatedly ordered Hendricks to drop the weapon
    , put his hands in the air and to not approach officers. Hendricks did not comply. Instead, he put the gun in his pocket and walked toward police.

Hendricks continued to disobey police commands and was shocked with a Taser by police. He resisted arrest and after a brief struggle, four police officers were able to handcuff him, the police report states.

End Quote

Doesn't sound like he was open carrying, he had it in his hand not a holster. So from the LEO's view, you had an unknown individual with a gun in his hand making irrational demands and telling them that he had mental issues all the while refusing to put down the weapon or comply to their lawful orders. I think they did a heck of a good job. No one got shot, subject or LEO, and the individual will get the help he needs. All in all, in my book I call that a good ending.
  9. Double D

Yea, tazered when the firearm was in his pocket and out of the picture and out of harms way. I am just seeing too many cases of cops that dont know what to do with an armed public. It continues to get worse.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

IMO, the guy was irrational before the cops arrived. If the cops had been told the guy was brandishing a firearm then the cops are in the right. We as gun owners are supposed to show extreme control over our actions. Apparently the actions of the guy makes responsible gun owners look bad. However, I have not got all the details so I am only going by what I have read.
  11. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

you had an unknown individual with a gun in his hand making irrational demands and telling them that he had mental issues all the while refusing to put down the weapon or comply to their lawful orders.

So given all this, you are saying once he put the weapon in his pocket, again refusing to do as told, that the weapon no longer figures into the equation and is no longer a threat the LEO's should be concerned with?

This guy was not John Q. Public casually strolling down the sidewalk open carrying a weapon in compliance with the law. This guy was acting irrationally, had a weapon in his hands, refused to comply with the LEO's instructions, advised the LEO's he had mental issues, and you don't see any threat from the weapon after he puts it in his pocket after being told to drop it?

LEO's like to go home at night too, and the odds of that go down by walking up to an irrational individual with a gun in their pocket who has repeatedly refused to comply with any orders to drop the weapon.

If this guy was in your front yard acting like this with a gun in his hand, would you consider him and the weapon no longer a threat if he simply put the gun in his pocket?
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

If he didn't want to get zappered with 50k volts DO WHAT YOUR TOLD and if it is wrong SUE after the fact. If he would have just done what he was lawfully ordered to do in the first place he wouldn't have gotten tazed.

It is 100% this mans fault what happened to him.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    And he was screaming at the cops "God is on my side". He was not your typical everyday law abiding American, he was a nut case!
  14. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

From the policeone.com site they were getting reports of an angry irrational man with a gun. Are they just supposed to walk up to him like they are friends?
  15. Double D

Ok, I can admit I got this wrong. But why? Why am I so jumpy? Its because the cops are doing just as I say they are. Ok, so lets give them this one. They are still not properly trained to deal with the armed public. Period. The videos that are surfacing almost daily are proof that something needs to be done. I am losing faith in them quickly. Its time that everyone that lives in a open carry state starts to open carry daily. Maybe then that will cause the departments to train their people. Most of them are scared of us and dont know what to do. They dont understand the constitution. Thats the facts. P.S. I still say these cops were scared....
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012