Tasered for Open Carry

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by aa1911, Sep 11, 2012.

1. gunslinger69

gunslinger69 New Member

I think what is being seen here is the "he wont do what we tell him so we get to tazer him" phenomina. I wouldn't have reached for my gun either, I'm sure other officers probably had him covered with firearms also. Then we would be reading about some crazy guy reached for his gun and they shot him. I pretty sure when someone has their hands in the air and his back to me I could put him on the ground and cuff him faily easily without resorting to something that has been proven to only be only less lethal. Just another instance of living under undeclared marshall law.
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

YUP, My point exactly. Ten cops with guns drawn and one guy with BOTH hands in the air and they have to electrocute him to cuff him. They are operating out of FEAR. Oh yea, and a power trip.
  3. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

You sound like a Travon Martin supporter... It has now grown to "10 cops" and that he had "BOTH hands in the air". Please provide the link to video showing 10 cops and the subject with both hands in the air. As far as the officers being scared, I darn sure hope they were. I don't know any soldier who has ever been in combat or any officer who has had to deal with a person with a gun that wasn't scared. If anyone says otherwise they are a darn liar. When you lose your fear you get sloppy and increase your odds of getting killed.

As for your statement that he had the gun in his pocket and his hands visible so they shouldn't have tased him, that is nonsense. He could have easily gotten the weapon out and shot an officer before they could take him down. They would have been hindered by an officer, or two, then being in the line of fire between them and the subject, as well as the fact that action is always faster then reaction.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Listen to the video. You can hear them say put you hands in the air and then they say keep them there. That tells me his hands were in the air. The ten cops may have been a stretch but there was several with guns drawn and his hands were in the air when tased. You dont like me calling cops scared and I can feel your pain but this has nothing to do with the martin case. I am in no way a martin supporter.