Tasered for Open Carry

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by aa1911, Sep 11, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I can agree with you 100% on this one!
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

And we don't need no stinkin' cops that are scared....running
    around with the ability to make judgement calls on the public.
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

this guy is for certain not the OC LAC we should embrace, sounds like he was a fruitcake. And right or wrong, I'm not sure I'd argue with a taser, I've rode the lightning and it's about the worst feeling in the world!

I OC every day 100% of the time and wish more folks would, especially around the crunchies in the Seattle area. While it may have a few disadvantages, it's more important to keep a right that I have and educate not only LE but the ignorant public. Not every state is an OC state and I think that's criminal, why is it that you can own a gun but not carry it how you want? what's the point of gun ownership then?

And one of the issues with this wierdo is that he had the gun in his hand for at least part of the scenario which can go several ways; some circumstances/places would consider it brandishing while it is also a legal form of OC. Especially when you consider if you're OCing a long gun, it has to be 'in hand' so to speak unless you have a thigh holster for your AK...
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Not being able to open carry goes directly against the 2nd amendment, just like having to have a permit does. And yes, after re examining the situation, I see I was kind of wrong, but, I dont understand why 2-3 cops cant handle one man and get him cuffed. Once the firearm was in his pocket and they could clearly see his hands, why couldnt they take him into custody? If he attempted to fight, he could then be tased if need be. I dont mind someone being tased when its needed, I am all for it. I just think I could have taken this guy to the ground and cuffed him without it. He was tasered while his hands were both in the air! That tells me the cops were afraid.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

^exactly what I was thinking. 3 on one with a guy that has a gun in his pocket and hands in the air seems like an easy takedown. And there are lots of folks that need a good tasering for sure!

didn't look like they had good cover anyway so might as well close the distance and disarm they guy.
  6. gunslinger69

gunslinger69 New Member

I think what is being seen here is the "he wont do what we tell him so we get to tazer him" phenomina. I wouldn't have reached for my gun either, I'm sure other officers probably had him covered with firearms also. Then we would be reading about some crazy guy reached for his gun and they shot him. I pretty sure when someone has their hands in the air and his back to me I could put him on the ground and cuff him faily easily without resorting to something that has been proven to only be only less lethal. Just another instance of living under undeclared marshall law.
  7. Double D

YUP, My point exactly. Ten cops with guns drawn and one guy with BOTH hands in the air and they have to electrocute him to cuff him. They are operating out of FEAR. Oh yea, and a power trip.
  8. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

You sound like a Travon Martin supporter... It has now grown to "10 cops" and that he had "BOTH hands in the air". Please provide the link to video showing 10 cops and the subject with both hands in the air. As far as the officers being scared, I darn sure hope they were. I don't know any soldier who has ever been in combat or any officer who has had to deal with a person with a gun that wasn't scared. If anyone says otherwise they are a darn liar. When you lose your fear you get sloppy and increase your odds of getting killed.

As for your statement that he had the gun in his pocket and his hands visible so they shouldn't have tased him, that is nonsense. He could have easily gotten the weapon out and shot an officer before they could take him down. They would have been hindered by an officer, or two, then being in the line of fire between them and the subject, as well as the fact that action is always faster then reaction.
  9. Double D

Listen to the video. You can hear them say put you hands in the air and then they say keep them there. That tells me his hands were in the air. The ten cops may have been a stretch but there was several with guns drawn and his hands were in the air when tased. You dont like me calling cops scared and I can feel your pain but this has nothing to do with the martin case. I am in no way a martin supporter.