Taurus 1911 Pricing Problem?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by LDBennett, Apr 19, 2007.

1. stash247

stash247 New Member

L. D., California WAS Heaven on Earth, until politics took over! I 'Bailed' in 1978, and moved back to Texas!
    By California standards, the weather here would qualify as 'extreme', as would our (non) attitude, on arms; I'm about to take a good (she bites, but is selective in whom) dog, and a couple of cases of ammo, out of here, to my 'country' place, to trim trees; we compliment one another, in that I will shoot what she does not 'handle', without question!
    Niether of us could suffer thirty days, on the west coast, because we would not 'fit in', but, here, we are of the majority!
    The dog, an 'Australian Cattle Dog' or, in this country, a Red, or Blue, 'Heeler', is a direct descendent of George Strait's "Butch", a grand daughter; the little bitch is protective, almost to a fault, of me and mine; she ran a 120 pound 'Chocalate Lab', and his owner, all the way into the river, yesterday, dragging a chair, with her leash attatched, and he (the owner) is my 'more or less', stepson!
    True enough, she would be 'unaccptable', in California, and provoke many lawsuits, there, yet, here, she is a bit beyond the 'norm', and respected, even feared, in 'stock dog' competitions, because she simply 'gits the job done' with no wasted effort!
    She was no means a cheap animal, but she was what I wanted, and I simply had to 'suck it up', and pay the price, which, in retrospect, was far less than she is worth, today, but seemed like a lot, at the time.
    Many of my firearms follow the same pattern, in that I paid more, for them, at purchase, than I thought they should cost, but, just 'had' to have them; seldom, if ever, have I been disappointed, in their performance, if I allow for my ability!
    Get the heck out of California, move down here, into Texas, and your options will expand, exponentially, as to what you can buy, and legally possess!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Stash247:

Would love to move out of California but for:

Mother, at 94 is still alive and here
    Sister here
    Son here with two grand children
    Daughter here with two grand children
    Retired with nothing but retirement income
    Home I now have perfectly set up for me and my hobbies

California is way too liberal and out to get my guns but I'll not live long enough to see them come and get them from me. My son most certainly will but he's not into guns. I'll have to settle on bitching about it.

LDBennett
  3. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I picked mine up yesterday for $509.00 before tax. MSRP is generally
    always higher than retail. From what this shop told me though, Taurus' products & Springfield's 1911s are getting more difficult for them to obtain at the moment because Brazil's demand for steel is currently outweighed by supply. I take what I hear with a grain of salt, but did notice they had fewer Taurus' products available than they usually do. :confused: