taurus 24/7 9mm taurus 24/7 40 compact

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by old semperfi, Aug 31, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i purchased a 24/7 taurus a few months ago and its a great gun.i have had zero problems and i am satisfied with the accuracy and the second shot ability.i at the same time bought the pt 140 milliam pro in 40 cal.i have had no ftf but i do not like the gun.trigger pull is not what a like,anybody out there have the 24/7 compact in 40 cal and if so what do you think about it. old semperfi
  2. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I have the .40 S&W Taurus 24/7 Pro C. I like it. Little long pull but I got used to it. Like your 24/7 it is very reliable and box after box without jam or misfire. I think Taurus did their homework with the 24/7 line.
  3. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I have a 24/7 40 cal in the OSS version. The initial trigger pull is a little long, but the reset is shorter than anything other than my 1911. I do not find the trigger to be a detractor at all.
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

a shooting buddy of mine has a 24/7. i only shot several mags through it, but i liked it, it was easy to shoot. the only thing i didnt like was the weird 3 way safety. i'd have to read the manual if i was going to use the gun for defense.
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I've been considering a PT111 9mm for concealed carry and wondered about their reliability and accuracy. I've heard mixed reviews on Taurus, and it's hard to decide. My single experience with them left a slightly less than favorable opinion...had a model 85 .38 snubby. While dry firing, the transfer bar broke off. I keep thinking if that had been during a self defense scenario it would have been lights out. I know doodoo happens, and they did fix it, but still....

Comparing revolvers and pistols though is like comparing apples and oranges, so anyone with info on the reliability of the millenium pro models, I'd appreciate seeing it.

P.S. Sorry about the thread drift.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

most taurus autos are hit or miss with one exception the model 92/99 those work as well as the berettas they are clones of. i've tried a few of their autos the pt111 the the 24/7 and the new 738 . i no longer own them and am glad to be rid of them
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Thanks Oscar. Well scratch another one off the list.
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

now i forgot to mention one of the kids has a 709 ? slimline 9mm she can't get it to fail it keeps on feeding just about everything she puts in it.