Taurus 327 fed. mag.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by curtdill, Nov 19, 2009.

1. curtdill

curtdill New Member

I have a Taurus 327 and just fell in love it. I am looking for a leather cross-draw holster and haven't had much luck. I have sent e-mail's to several companies and either didn't get any response or they didn't know Taurus had a 327 fed. mag. One company rep. said that I might have a S&W 327. I sent back and told him that I think I know what gun I have. Haven't heard from him again. Can anybody out there give me any help? By the way, it has a 2 inch barrel.
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

A holster for a 2" J-frame Smith should fit your Taurus just fine.
    Your .327 based on the same frame as the regular Taurus Model 85 2" so include that model on your holster quest cross-reference list too.

I'm not sure who to recommend for a cross-draw for a snubbie revolver, or if you're looking for an off-the-shelf model or a custom rig.

I don't have very many catalogs handy...don't keep em around unless they've got leftie models (I'm a southpaw).
    Galco's Cover Six model is one that I've got in a catalog in front of me today.

For a custom rig, K.L. Null makes some very sweet leather. http://www.klnullholsters.com/
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

Got a picture? I've never seen one.

I have a Ruger. I'd like to compare them. BTW, I love mine too.;)
  4. Sandman

Sandman New Member

I haven't seen one either. I thought only Ruger and Charter were making a .327. I would like to see photos also. I am toying with the idea of buying a .327.
  5. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one in person either but I do remember hearing when Taurus announced the M327 around the end of last year.
    It hit the shelves last spring or early summer as a distributor-exclusive item, but I don't remember what "big-box" had em. I was thinking it was a Lipsey's special but I don't see it in their catalog.

It's the same old M85 frame (J-frame Smith size) in stainless with a 6-shot .327 cylinder...pretty much identical to the 731 .32H&R except in .327 and not an alloy ultralight frame.
  6. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I have the Ruger Sp101 .327-very nice round,had to send the gun to Ruger awhile back to have cylinder replaced 'cuz empties would stick so tight that needed a cleaning rod to get 'em out..shoots great now
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

8. curtdill

curtdill New Member

Thanks for all the help. I don't have any pictures but I went to *********.com and found several. By the way, S&W is making a 327 fed. mag. too.

I have run 32 s&w shorts 85 gr. LRN, 32 longs 98 gr. lead rn, 32 H&R mags. 90 gr rn-fp, and both the american eagle 327 100 gr jacketed soft point, and last but not least 327 fed. mag. 85 gr hydra-shok jhp. The only problem I had was that the ejector jumped over one case from the 32 shorts. I don't know what caused it but to me that is a little problem.

To me the sights arn't to good so I went to Crimson-Trace website and they make a laser for this gun. That's the way I think I'll go.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  9. kellycountry

kellycountry New Member

I just bought the Taurus M327 revolver for my wife. I Dad has a S & W 327 and she fell in love with it.
  10. kellycountry

kellycountry New Member

Just ordered the brass and my God it's not easy finding that. So I hope to get it before Christmas so she will have something to shot with.
  11. 218bee

218bee New Member

I picked up a Ruger SP101 in .327 mag. Very neat handgun. The power of the little cartridge is very impressive. Only thing I have found, The cases for the .327 mag are thicker that .32 H&R mag cases. IF you shoot H&R mag rounds that are loaded near MAX.......Sometimes the cases can split in the .327 mag chambers. If you think about it, they have more room to expand in a .327 mag chanber. (the 327 mag chambers are bored to account for the thicker cases). These same warm H&R loads fire just fine in my bird's head Ruger .32 H&R mag single six. (with no pressure signs) But it looks like I may need to reduce them a little to fire in the .327 mag even though the SP101 should be a stronger gun. It is nice to be able to fire .32 S&W, .32 S&W long, .32 H&R mag, and .327 FED mag all in the same gun. A friend of mine that has been loading the .327 for a while now, told me that at the pressures the FED mag operates.....it is necessary to use small rifle primers rather than small pistol primers. (40,000) I believe is the upper limit. I have been loading the .32 S&W, long, and H&R mag for several years. I guess I am in the same boat with the rest of the world looking for .327 Mag brass now......Other than buying factory loaded ammo, I haven't been able to find any........(anybody know of a sourse ??)......Don in SC. :confused: