Taurus 455 revolver?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Chuck B, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

I'm thinking about getting a Taurus 455 stainless 2" revolver in .45 acp. I think it's a part of the Tracker series. I found one used for a good price at my local gun store.

It looks like it has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

I plan on using it for a glovebox gun in my truck and occasionally IWB as a CCW.

I'm looking for comments about Taurus revolvers in general and the 455 in particular.

Thanks for your help!

Chuck B
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

While I cant comment on the 455 I can comment on Taurus itself. They have come a long way in the last twenty plus years and make excellent firearms. Well finished and reliable.

I would have no hesitation in carrying one. Oh yes, I did. And in Brasil where they are made. I could do with some of that sunshine about now. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  3. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Thanks for your comments, TranterUK...

I'm not a big fan of Taurus but I decided to give this one a try. I'm very partial to the .45 acp and I like the idea of: "pull trigger, go bang."

I shot 25 rounds through it a little while ago and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how it functioned and its accuracy.

Thanks again,

Chuck B
  4. lead

lead Active Member

How did you like it's double action trigger? I had the .22 Tracker and was very unimpressed with the double action trigger pull.
    I've seen a few of these and was very tempted. They looked like pretty handy guns. I hope yours serves you well.
  5. It so happens I own a Taurus 455, Chuck, and Tranter's comments are right on the money. Taurus builds a very good revolver these days. In fact, I had my 455 at the range about three weeks ago and it shot beautifully. No misfires or any other problems. I rarely carry it as a CCW, though I have done so on occasion. I do like the power of a .45 ACP. Keep in mind, as a carry weapon the 455 is a fairly big revolver and holds only five rounds, so it ends up being a snubbie without the advantages of light weight and compactness. Moon clips must also be used as well. As a truck gun or a home defense weapon it is outstanding.
  6. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Hey Lead,

I thought the da trigger was very nice. I let a friend shoot a few rounds and he preferred sa. I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces and see how it holds up.

Thanks for your comments, Pistol. Lord willing, a s&w j-frame is next for CC. Until then, the 455 fits nicely IWB (it sure isn't a pocket gun!). It's not much different than the Glock 36 I used to carry IWB. I still need something for pocket and/or deep concealment.

Chuck
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008