Taurus F---!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 8, 2003.

1. trenchdog1914

trenchdog1914 Member

I, too have bought my last Taurus, because of the crappy customer service. My Tracker .357 was delivered with a buggered sideplate screw, and a rear sight with a loose blade. They wouldn't ship new parts without me sending the defective ones first. They got my parts on Feb. 12th. It is now March 20th, and all I get from them is excuses, inconsistant stories, and promises to send used parts as temporaries, which was never done, and no return of many phone calls to the customer service manager (Robert, extension 216). I tried to call the President of Taurus USA, but the operator said he 'wasn't taking calls'. What contemptuous arrogance! They won't even find the parts I sent and return them to me. Screw Taurus!! As soon as I can put the thing back together I'm trading it in on a Smith. Spread the word: Taurus is Trash!
  2. sewerman

sewerman New Member

back in 05 i bought a couple of 24/7 for my two sons.

one has held up good the other after about 1k rds developed problems.

taurus did a cobble job on the repairs and that lifetime warrenty gets awful expensive at $35 a pop for each return! i have read about and experienced first hand that 90% of the dealers that sell taurus won't support the buyer.
    they always defer to the LTW bull*hit that costs the owner money.

the taurus has been replaced though the other on is still operating fine ....there ya go 50% chance of getting a good one.
    too high a risk for me. my boy's and i are through with taurus!

sewerman
  3. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Taurus doesn't have their share of lemons, they have lots and lots of lemons. You are trying to defend the indefensible.
    I'd like to know what lemon Kimber you are talking about. Be specific.
    So what you are saying is that while Taurus stinks, everybody else stinks too.
    You sound like James Carville defending Bill Clinton.
    As far as S&W I have sent guns in for service and they don't take months.
    Same for SIG. I was astonished at how quickly SIG completed the repairs and got the gun back in my hands.
    Same for HK.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Yeah I am hearing more and more bad on taurus, I thought they were a decent weapon, but all I am hearing is how bad they are about service.We all know that you can get a bad anything, it just happens but too not to even want to service their own product is unacceptable.
  5. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

How difficult is it to google 'Kimber issues' or 'Kimber problems'? I could compile a list of threads from various forums of owners who have had negative experiences. If you look around and do a little digging, you can find other companies that have had issues as well, these problems are not entirely exclusive to Taurus or their line of firearms. To say I'm attempting to defend the indefensible is hogwash.

Since I initially commented on this thread, I have had to return a firearm to Taurus. A phone call was placed, and a pickup on their dime was arranged two days later. One week after they took possession of my PT-840 I received a letter in the mail stating they'd have it for 5 -6 weeks, in which time they'd resolve the issue it was having and then have the pistol repaired and returned to me.

I expect they'll make it right just as I would anyone else.

www.taurusarmed.net
  6. Harralson

Harralson New Member

I’m sure it is fair to say that all gun manufacturers have some percentage of defective products that get past quality control and are sold to the public. I would also assume that the percentage varies from one manufacturer to another.

I am of the opinion, from reading these forums and others that Taurus allows a larger percentage of defective products to be sold. Of course, I don’t have any real quantifiable data to support this opinion, and doubt that manufacturers provide that information.

My problems with a Taurus 709 are documented elsewhere on this forum. If anyone has any credible data showing that Taurus has no higher return rate than any other manufacturer, I would change my opinion, but until I see that data I have bought my last Taurus.
  7. gman-07

gman-07 New Member

I sent my Taurus P111 back to Taurus due to failure to fire FTF and failure to eject FTE. They had the pistol for about 8 weeks and finally returned it saying it was repaired. Took it to the range and yes, the failure to eject was corrected but the failure to fire was worse than before. I am getting 4 to 5 FTF out of 10 rounds. A 40 to 50% failure rate is not a weapon that anyone wants to depend on or even use as a target pistol because it’s really irritating.

When I called, the lady who answers the phone states she's sorry I'm having problems with my pistol and looks up the repair record.

Again she states that she's sorry I'm having problems with my P111 and asked “what are the specific issues” that I'm having. I explain again the FTF rate and she tells me about the “LIFETIME WARRANTY and that I can send it in again for repair. I told her that I didn’t trust their gunsmiths because they didn’t repair it correctly the last time I sent it in. I asked her if I can buy the firing pin/striker mechanism and have my local gunsmith repair it. She tells me 1) she can't sell me that part because it's a registered item and 2) if another gunsmith works on my pistol, it will VOID THE WARRANTY.

I reiterate to her my concern about the Taurus gunsmiths and about the 40-50% FTF rate and she asked what type of ammo I was using. I explained that this was occurring with S&W, Remington, Federal, PMC, Hornady, etc. She then asked about casings, like that's an issue!

I then explained to her that the P111 failure rate is not a problem with the ammo since I can take the same ammo that failed to fire in the P111 and load it into my S&W Shield or Kahr CM9 and the ammo fires with no problems. I then tell her the only ammo that fires consistently in my P111 are my factory spec reloads.

SHE THEN TELLS ME BECAUSE I HAVE USED RELOADS, I HAVE VOIDED MY WARRANTY. I explained that I've had this problem before ever using a reload in the weapon and that I only fired one clip of reloads the last time I took it to the range. However, she insists that since I’ve used reloads the warranty is voided and I now have to pay for their gunsmiths to work on it!!!

What a bunch of C*** but what can you expect from a company that produces a marginal weapon and markets it with a lifetime warranty to get sales and then looks for reasons to void the supposed LIFETIME WARRANTY.

The warranty issue is not that big of an issue for me since I don't trust their gunsmiths to work on it anyway. I would much rather buy the parts and have a local gunsmith that I trust repair it. It would be an OK target pistol if the FTF issue wasn’t so irritating.

IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME OF A WAY TO ACQUIRE THESE PARTS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

MORAL - DON'T EVER TRUST YOUR LIFE TO A TAURUS AND DON'T EVER ADMIT TO SHOOTING FACTORY SPEC RELOADS.
  8. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have TWO 24/7 Pro Compacts in 40sw & 45acp. They have been excellent performers for almost five years and countless rounds.

-
  9. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I have a creed about Taurus Firearms.

"Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Taurus."

I sent my last one back for repair 3 times, light sticker hits, misfires, slide locking back with rounds in the chamber.
    I'm done with Taurus autos...
    I might still own a revolver if the price it right
  10. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

have had a couple taurus guns,, they were good guns,, BUT have also worked on quite a few for others,,, seems if they work when you get them you get a good gun,, HOWEVER,, IF they give a problem out of the box,, send them back for a DIFFERENT gun,, or buy something else,,,have seen some real junk and then have seen some good ones,, the older ones (before 2002) seemed to be good then they kinda went down-hill for awhile,, got better ,, but now seem to have tripped themselves again,, ????
  11. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This is an old post but never the less.

My sons friend had one of those knock off M9 barretas from Taurus. It fell apart at the range. They had to call time out at the range so he could pick up all the parts. He was deputy with the sheriff's department. His boss never let him forget it. Needless to say at the sheriff's department Taurus's are not well thought of.
  12. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I guess the best thing I can say about Taurus guns is Jessie Duff is pretty hot....
  13. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I just googled her and yes, you would be correct about that