Taurus M94 Transfer Bar Broke

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Mr_Shamrock, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Also kinda funny that Rossi is owned by Taurus, but they seem to take a little more time in hand-fitting & cleaning...

Be glad you are sending that Taurus in before all heck breaks loose...you should get it back before January...
    which is going to be VERY important if Obama gets re-elected...as he plans to sign the UN Small Arms Treaty...
    What does this mean to You the Consumer???
    Pretty simple if you own ANY foreign guns...you won't get service or parts...you're DONE.
    All those CZ owners are going to be crying...same for anyone else who doesn't have a factory here...
    strangely enough, Taurus just acquired Heritage Arms...in Florida...so it looks like Taurus plans to take care of its US customer base...

If in doubt, read the Fine Print in the treaty...it is chock-full of BOHICA for gun owners...
    lack of parts and no longer being able to buy foreign guns is just the warm-up...
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Well a little good news - according to the Taurus site the repair has been completed. It is not showing as shipped, but getting fixed this fast is promising!
  3. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Oh yeah - it shows as shipped!!!!!
  4. ozo

ozo Active Member

Good news.
  5. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

I got the call from Fed Ex today saying it will be here tomorrow before 7PM. Good thing I work from home tomorrow!
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like some pretty decent customer service to me!
  7. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Repaired firearm inspection

I should be receiving my Taurus M94 back today from being repaired and was wondering what the general consensus is on tearing down a firearm that has been repaired for inspection.
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Re: Repaired firearm inspection

Why not. Your just going to look at it. I dont see a problem. That is unless you didnt know what you were doing....
  9. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

I plan on popping the side plate off, but was just wondering what others opinion were on double checking the manufacturers repairs.
  10. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

I have the gun back in my possession - 3 weeks from the day I shipped it. I have nothing to complain about there. I did inspect the weapon and they did not change the trigger or hammer so this was a repair I could have done without sending it in. The chip on the hammer I guess is supposed to be there even though it is real ugly machining - actually I can't even call it machining. It looks like some monkey with a hammer and chisel chipped it out. Oh well - it seems to function although I haven't shot it yet. As long as it works reliably I am not that concerned with the aesthetics of the inner workings so much. So I have to give Taurus a big A+ on their repair process!
  11. RJay

RJay Active Member

I check all repairs, regardless of what type repair it is, house, car or gun. Maybe that's just me:)
  12. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

I'd say tear it down provided you know how to put it back together.
  13. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Maybe you should try and fire the revolver first. Then if it doesn't work, inspect or return.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Exactly what i was just thinkin. I wouldnt be so quick to sing taurus' praises. I hate repair on warrantied tauruses.
  15. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

maybe its just me being weird ( ya lots of accusations to that effect) but i have NEVER shot any gun even brand new out of the box without opening it first to check it out !!! ( with used guns, has saved a few what would have been wasted trips to the range) and have had a couple new guns that went straight back to the shop.
  16. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Open and inspect the repairs...
    It ain't that I don't trust Taurus, its just that I don't trust ANYONE!!

I had a pair of Ruger Vaquero revolvers that went back 3 & 2 times...first send-back it looked like they didn't even touch 'em...
    second time ONE got fixed, the other still had issues...third time on the second revolver got it fixed...
    but after all that they still weren't as precise as I wanted, to a pair of Colt-copy Uberti's replaced the Rugers...
    Got the accuracy I wanted and the reliability...

I care more about precision than I do anything else...so if a firearm doesn't perform to My Standards, it gets gone quick.