Taurus Millenium Pro - .45ACP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pat Hurley, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

I bought one at the Fort Myers Gun Show and paid $349.00 out the door. It's matt black-no stainless.

Good gun or bad? Good deal or bad? Good post or bad? Opinions, please!
  2. cec

cec New Member

I can comment on the post. Good post. :p
  3. durk

durk New Member

Is it new or used? A friend of mine has one that I shot and I was very pleased with it. I think he gave somewhere in the upper $400s for a new one at the local Bass Pro shop. He doesn't shoot his very often but has had no problems the little bit of time he has shot it. I would like to have one myself. Also the PT 24/7 Taurus.
  4. Decent price if it is a new pistol, Pat. The MSRP on them is about $410.00, give or take. As for quality, I have the Millennium Pro 745 and have found it to be an excellent carry gun. I've had no failures with it through about 500 rounds so far.
  5. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

I have carried one daily for over 2 years and over 3000 rounds. It is an excellent firearm in every way. It resides in my front right hand pocket most of the time as a BUG, but also plays the role of primary carry at the office where dress will not allow another gun to be carried in a holster. I personally think it is a hoot to shoot. It is accurate and the DA trigger is buttery smooth. I can double tap without any problems and hey......who can complain about 10+1 in 45acp. My only regret is that I, like you, bought the all black gun. I wish I had bought the one with the stainless slide. The black on the current slide is wearing off on all edges and high spots. I am thinking about sending it out to have the slide hard chromed with the matte industrial finish.

tex
  6. michaelschutte

michaelschutte New Member

Pat, I'm looking at the Millennium Pro. I'm a shot gun and rifle shooter, but am getting my concealed permit after I find a good weapon. The price sounds good, though I did find it on huntersdirect.com for $315...online. So add $40 to that. I think I'm going to buy it. Let me know how it works for you, if you don't mind.

Thanks,
    Mike
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I bought the PT-145 for $275 used at the local sporting goods store... The new one was $345... Anyway, it's a good gun! I like it a lot, but it's only for winter concealed carry in my opinion. The 745 would be more practical, but I got a decent deal on the 145... Congratulations on the purchase!

BTW, the DAO trigger pull on the gun is the best I've ever felt; I think it has no breaking point so you don't know when it's going off (this helps my accuracy greatly)!
  8. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

While I don't currently own a MILPRO, there are many on www.taurusarmed.net who speak highly of them including some with more than one. :)
  9. chrislind2

chrislind2 New Member

I have had a few feed jams in my PT145, but I have only fired about 100 rounds through it. Two magazines at a time at the range about 5 different times. It got better each time and I believe out of two mags I had only one feed jam the last time. It could be me, or the ammo. I use Winchester most to of the time. If I tried a different brand I might get different results, but I really like the gun and I am sure, like many guns of this type, with 300 rounds through it, any problems would disappear. I now carry a S&W M&P 360 .357.
    16oz.'s fully loaded. An expensive piece of hardware, but I wouldn't trade it for anything for carry. Loaded with .357 the noise and the concussion would scare anyone away!:eek:
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    OK, guys, I'm thinking of purchasing the 945. The stainless steel/gold with the mother of pear grips. Any advice on this one? I have been told that when you buy one of these guns you get what you got! I'm told that no gun smith will work on them, and that service with this company isn't all that good either.

Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
  11. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I don't have the 945, but I own the Mill-Pro in .380 and in 9mm and the only problem I have had was with a magazine for the .380. I think Taurus makes some great guns and I have no complaints what so ever.

I have been looking at the 945 myself and might pick one up
  12. TDR911

TDR911 New Member

Its a great concealment gun. Taurus has come a long way in the last few years. Good trigger , Great erganomics, Good concealment size. I am sure you will be happy with it.
  13. tdyoung58

tdyoung58 New Member

I have the PT745 MillPro and like it a lot, shoots and conceals very well. Never had a problem with mine after about 150 rounds, think I paid about $350 nib at local shop here.