Taurus model 627

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Whitefang81, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Whitefang81

Whitefang81 New Member

Hey everyone, went to the Valley Forge gun show in PA this past weekend, and i came accross 2 Taurus 627's one 4" and one 6" i was planin on getting a Ruger but i held these and they Felt great in the hand, they are the Tracker Series, ported barrels and what not... ANy one have any experience with these? I've shot a Ragin Bull in 454 casul, first time shooting it i put 5 rounds if not through the same hole, touching eachother, at 25 yards off hand. But wondrin if the same quality goies into the tracker series... i'm thinking of getting the Stainless, only cause the Titianium only weigh 4 ounces Less... and the stainless is like 200 less.

HELP please

thanx

PJ
  2. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I have a Tracker in .357 with the 6 1/2" barrel and it really is a fantastic revolver. I only wish Taurus would make some without the standardized porting and then you'd have your choice if you wanted one with our without. The ribber grip is also a bit funky and initially took me a little time to adjust to but now I'm accustomed to it. With the weight of the gun coupled with the porting, that in and of itself goes a long way to reducing recoil but the ribber grips take it down a notch more. Shooting it with hot 125 gr. or 158 gr. loads feels to me like target loads from a .38 Special.