Taurus PT 1911 not legal in california???

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ns3v3n, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

I called my gun store and they said the PT 1911 is not legal in california? HOW CAN GOD BE SO CRUEL?
  2. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

damnit just my luck, i guess starting Jan 1st, 2007, centerfire handguns must have both loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect mechanism. just as i wanted one of these pistol...
  3. Sad to say, the only solution to the problems for gun owners in California is to get out of California! I did that nearly 12 years ago and I haven't looked back. It was getting bad when I left, but I understand it is much worse now.
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I saw one at the gun show last weekend in Orange County, CA. I wonder if it was really for sale?

Here's the law that pertains:

"12126. As used in this chapter, "unsafe handgun" means any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001, for which any of the following is true: ..............

(b) For a pistol: ......................

(5) Commencing January 1, 2007, for all center-fire semiautomatic pistols that are not already listed on the roster pursuant to Section 12131, it does not have both a chamber load indicator and if it has a detachable magazine, a magazine disconnect mechanism.

(6) Commencing January 1, 2006, for all rimfire semiautomatic pistols that are not already listed on the roster pursuant to Section 12131, it does not have a magazine disconnect mechanism, if it has a detachable magazine."

Taurus dropped the ball. They did not get the 1911 on the safety tested list before the end of 2006. If they had they could have at least sold them until the certification ran out which is several years.

All this means NO 1911's for Californians. Since this is the hottest gun today and no one apparently is addressing meeting the law, Californians will not be able to own the best and hottest pistol on the market today.

What to do, Californians? Buy every 1911 that is still on the list NOW. Don't wait because all will eventually fall off the list and NONE will be available. Since apparently no manufacturer is bothering to incorporate these changes for California, my guess is that the industry has given up on pistol sales in California, at least the 1911 companies.

I wonder what it is going to take to get my fellow Californians "up in arms", so to speak, about this liberal effort to stop gun sales in California. A few years ago the gun control freaks announced a small bite approach at eliminating guns and that is exactly what they are doing in California.

WAKE UP CALIFORNIANS!! GUN ELIMINATION IS WORKING IN CALIFORNIA!!
  5. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Man, that's ti pits! I picked up a used one, case, two mags and the owner's manual for $400 out the door at a gun show two weeks ago. Upper right in this pick.

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      91.1 KB
      Views:
  6. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

God is not cruel, but he did play a rather sadistic prank when creating
    the morons that are in charge in Kalifornia.

My advice. Move as fast and as far away as possible.

:D
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Nice collection, Silver!

There are still nice 1911's for sale in Kal. You'll just have to spend more $$:(
  8. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

silver, you lucky bastard, if you ever want to sell that gun. give me a holla! lol btw where are the gun show located?
  9. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Friend of mine has relatives out in Las Vegas. He tells me that a LOT of folks out that way that need to work in Kalifornia live in Nevada or some other, less Kommunist state and either commute to Kalifornia or telecommute.
  10. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

This show was just 36 miles up I-35 in Belton, Texas. Close to Ft. Hood so lots of G.I.s come. Two dealers had new blue Tarurus 1911 guns @ $499.98+tax.
  11. Coltonator

Coltonator New Member

Does anyone know if Springfield is still available in CA?
    What about RIA or SAM?
  12. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Any gun on the list stays on the list until its certification expires. Check the list for any gun you may want and note the expiration date of the certification. After the certification runs out no 1911 as now configured will be able to be put back on the list. It will need a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety. So buy NOW!

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

LDBennett
  13. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

screw california, it is a retarded state with retarded people running it, and not enough citizens with balls to put a stop to the bs
  14. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Saw one on the AR-15 forum FS @ $400 with 300 rounds fired and a bent front sight. Didn't last much after posting until "I'll take It" and WHAM! it was gone.
  15. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Here's a better picture for the Kalifornia people,,,,,eat your heart out!

Really looks used!

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views: