1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Taurus PT-22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Maximilian II, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I owned a little PT-22 for a short time, and was very displeased. It jammed with frightening regularity, always failing to eject the brass completely. I got rid of it quickly.
    Later, I was told it needed a "break in" period to "loosen the spring." I bought the gun new.
    This seems somewhat reasonable to me, but I'm still of the opinion that a pistol should work reliably when brand new

Anyone else have experience with these guns?
  2. jfrey

jfrey New Member

I've got a couple of them, one for me and one for the wife. Neither one has had any feeding problems. I did have an extraction problem with the wife's gun. Dry firing too much peened the barrel and removing the tip cured it. Other than that, no major problems with either gun. You do want to stay away from the cheapo junk ammo for good results.
  3. Topbreak01

Topbreak01 New Member

I have one also and have never had any problems with it whatsoever.As jfrey posted do not shoot cheap junk ammo in it.Only the good quality stuff and also never fire Hyper Velocity ammo in it as the PT-22's were not made to withstand the pressure from Hyper Velocity rounds.
  4. BigCheeseStick

BigCheeseStick New Member

Just an option, Berreta Bobcat.

Fires double or single action. Over 200 rounds of hypervelocity, & 100% reliable with any of three different magazines.
    [​IMG]
    No, the snake shot shown doesnt cycle the action, but it wouldnt in any semi-auto... No back pressure. Still works good though!
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Thanks guys!
    I know a deputy that carries the Beretta pictured here off duty and as a backup, she hasn't had a problem. I think I'll try one if I decide to get a small .22.