The Firearms Forum banner

Taurus PT1911 extractor issues

Tags
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  duck32man 
#1 ·
I have a Taurus PT1911 in 9mm and the original extractor broke. I bought a WC bulletproof 80 series and replaced it. ( did the same to my 45 and no issues) however the WC will not eject now. What did i do wrong? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Either the engagement to the rim of the brass is low or the tension is low. Also make sure its an extractor for a 9mm, not a 45. They are different. Extractors are not drop in parts usually. Search online for proper procedure for install. The engagement base will need to be filed and the tension will have to be set for it to work correctly.

#3 ·
Either the engagement to the rim of the brass is low or the tension is low. Also make sure its an extractor for a 9mm, not a 45. They are different. Extractors are not drop in parts usually. Search online for proper procedure for install. The engagement base will need to be filed and the tension will have to be set for it to work correctly.
Thanks Helix!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.