Taurus settlement!

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by Txwheels, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Txwheels

Txwheels Active Member

Jul 25, 2015
  2. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

So some sheriff drops his pistol, and it fires, so he's entitled to sue someone! Samuel Colt would have been out of business in short order if the rules were the same then, as now!

drymag, Twicepop, Potter and 4 others like this.

3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    North Florida
    I have a 145 PRO that I have run over 5k rounds thru. Did I mention flawless? I think I will keep mine.

drymag, carver, Potter and 2 others like this.
  4. reflex1

reflex1 Well-Known Member

I have all three - PT111, Pt140 and PT145 (the triplets) - the 111 has about 20 rounds down the tube (bought new) but the other two were bought used! Do I drop them to see if they fire - I paid more than they are offering.

drymag, carver and Potter like this.
  5. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Have had a PT-140 Millennium for a long time now (purchased used) and it has gone through a few thousand rounds with me. It was my carry piece for a long period of time in which I managed not to drop it or bang it around. I won't be performing any drop tests with it in the foreseeable future nor am I getting rid of it anytime soon, if ever.
    A few years ago a part on the trigger broke and was fixed for free and back to me in about two weeks total time no questions asked. I'm not going to concern myself with this matter or loose any sleep over it either.

drymag, Potter and dbcooper like this.
  6. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

the article said the lawyers got 9 million

there is the big winner in the case, and always will be

Twicepop, carver, Potter and 6 others like this.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    $200 per gun. Looks like the only winner here was the lawyers.

Twicepop, carver, Potter and 5 others like this.
  8. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Lawyers are why crime is such a big business and has well oiled doors to keep it revolving.
    -
    You want to stop crime...make all offenders actually perform "work" until they have paid for their crime (arrest to out processing).
    -
    You have to pay a medic unit to get you to the hospital and all they way thru the medical treatment until they wheel you out the door...so why not the same from criminals....
    -
    Did I mention I might be running for precedent of the US of A? Iz got quals just waitin to bust out!!!!

9. CapnDean

CapnDean New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    I never liked Taurus - don't know why...never shot one. The other day I was looking at my favorite lil 38 special....It's a Rossi... LOL Made by Taurus

agreed...sad sad but true

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    76Highboy, carver and Potter like this.
  10. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Missouri
    I haven't shot one enough to form an opinion. I see a lot of them at the LGS's though. I like the looks of the 24/7.

carver and Potter like this.
  11. rodder

rodder New Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Tarus quality may be lower than Smith or Ruger but so are their prices, guns made in recent years are a lot better + a lifetime warranty "aint bad"

Potter and carver like this.
  12. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    SouthEast Missouri
    I want to get the circuit judge

Potter likes this.
  13. FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Missouri
    I have 24/7 G2 in .45 Auto as my EDC I love it, and shoot the daylights out of it. I have a lot of friends, and family who have Taurus, all of them love them, and never have any issues with them. So when my wife put me on a budget for a new EDC I picked one up.

drymag, carver, Potter and 1 other person like this.
  14. gunluvur

gunluvur Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Still made by the Rossi family, just owned by Taurus now.

15. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Yelm, WA
    At first when I read this I was a tad bit upset. I have a Taurus PT24/7 G2 45. I was getting real worried when I saw the PT24/7 on the list of recalled Pistols. That is until I read that this problem did not exist for the G2 24/7's Just the first gen guns.