taurus???

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by corniceman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. corniceman

corniceman New Member

Thinking about geting a taurus .357, .44 mag. or 454 raging bull revolver. Any of you shoot a taurus revolver befor? and what did you thaink? I like my 9mm. auto well enuff but just dont know enuff about revolvers. Thanks
  2. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

I had a Taurus revolver that I bought in 1986. I shot that gun and shot that gun, must have put several thousand rounds through it. Reloads and factory, never had on bit of trouble with. It was a .357mag, with a 6" barrel, blued, cant recall the model number.
  3. I have several Taurus revolvers, Cornice, and I've found all of them to be well-made, highly reliable weapons. My impression of them is that they are not quite to the standard of a Smith, but nonetheless excellent weapons and a good deal less expensive than the Smiths.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You can't go wrong with a Taurus today. I have a 3" .44 Special and I love it.
  5. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

I have the 24/7 which I love and I also have the 454 raging bull, but if you are looking for a gun to go shoot alot with you may want to stick to the .357 mag since you can get the rounds for half the cost of the .454 and you can put .38s thru it.. Just my opinion. But my .454 shoots VERY nice.
  6. RussianRifle

RussianRifle New Member

I have a Taurus Model 66, blued with a 4 in. barrel and seven-round cylinder. It is a great gun. I don't own any S&W, Ruger, or Colt revolvers, so I can't make a personal comparison. But this gun is very accurate, comfortable to shoot, and has been completely reliable. I shoot about three .38s for every .357 I put through it, and I haven't had a problem.

For the cost (I got it for $250, as new at a pawn shop), it was a great bargain.
  7. Peanut Man

Peanut Man New Member

I've had 2 Taurus Mod 85 .38 sp Stainless snubbies. Both shot well - well made. Have a .22 Mag, think it's a 941 or some such number, but it shoots well, much like my S&W Mod 34 kit gun, but the Taurus does seem to "tighten up" after shooting it a bit (30-40 rounds) - never figured out what the problem was, but a good cleaning and then it was fine.

I'd recommend Taurus.

Peanut Man
  8. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:) we have 2 & i LOVE them!! i'd recommend the 357 as well. we usually shoot 38s in ours.
    [​IMG]

we also have a 32 magnum & we use 32 longs in it. (as much as i love this gun, i'd still recommend the 357.)
    [​IMG]
  9. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

I have a PT92AF. Its a great pistol. My son borrowed it after 9/11. HMMMM, how long ago was that???? :D After Katrina, his, I don't know if we need a gun wife, was a pro gun convert. Is that like no atheist in a foxhole? :eek:
    Now she has agreed to lessons. If I didn't trust the Taurus would I let my son bet his life on it?
  10. Country101

Country101 Active Member

My wife has a taurus snubbie in .38 spl. It seems like a decent gun. I carry it in my coat pocket on occasion. Not a bad little gun.I dont like many tauruses that I've seen but I dont mind this one.
  11. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Can't comment about those three guns, but my stainless Taurus .41mag, 5 shot is a top notch performer. Smooth double action and crisp single action trigger pull. Accurate and has never misfired in some 800 rounds. Mine has a 2" barrel and is ported. The porting definately helps in the recoil handling of the round. Great little woods carry weapon.