1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    ok guys,i have a little problem.i can not get the clean out screw out of my hawken,there really isnt a problem with the gun other than i like to polish the touch hole in all my cap locks if possible.i chuck up a pipe cleaner in my drill and use a very fine polishing compound to polish inside the flash hole.i seem to get better ignition on the other cap locks that i have done this to.i have tried different penetrating oils to no avail.i am thinking of using a propane torch to try heat,what say? old semperfi
  2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It will work, just heat the metal around the screw not the screw itself but honestly I never saw a need to take one out.
  3. somedude

somedude New Member

i have always used automatic transmission fluid to use as a lube for stuff like that.
  4. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Try PB Blaster on it for 24 hours and then try to remove it. It is great stuff and has helped me get bolts and screws out I would have to cut out other wise. Once out, use some anti seize greese o the threads when you put it back in.