tc renegade 50 cal

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by old semperfi, Sep 13, 2009.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    hello,i am not new to muzzel loading but ive ran into a stumper.i purchased tc used and the rear trigger would not set.i disassembled and cleaned oiled and reassembled.it now works on rear set but also i have found that the hammer on half cock will not come up far enough to cap weapon i can cap on full cock and gun operates great,however this is not a safe way to load.any ideas thanks old semperfi
  2. wolfman2810

wolfman2810 New Member

So will the gun stay at half cock? If so you can cap it and then go back to half cock and should be fine. Just hold on to the hammer so it don't contact the primer. You may be able to get a new trigger assembly from T/C if you can get the model # and contact them.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    called tc they said that was normal on later model guns and suggested i do as you said i do not understand,my other frt stuffers will cap at half cock.seems a little dangerous to me.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

On my renegade, I can cap with the stick style capper on half cock. You have to angle it in to the hammer well just a tad to get the cap on, then the capper pulls straight out.

If you are careful, capping on full cock is not all that dangerous. You do have to be very careful when releasing the hammer back to half cock.

Pops