1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have a tc renegade in 50 cal,cap lock.my problem is this.when i go to half cock i cannot get capper far enough in to cap.i called tc and was told this is normal.i know i have had tc hawkins that you could.any info helpful old semperfi
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yes the hawkins does have enough clearance as stated

but the only renegade i have seen ( not common here) was like you state and was told the same when i called

and when i pulled it apart to check it it seems right, the mech sits a lot lower eh..

i was going to take a extended look at it but the guy accepted it and left and i did not explore options like a custom hammer or a relocated sear

although i think it was possible from my look it was 5 months ago and cannot honestly say for sure now

hope you are able to get a better answer

but take a look at the hammer connector i'm pretty sure theres enough clearence to put in a mid stop ( second half cock position) but get a good smith to advise you eh, i'm going from memory only and thats getting iffy at best

cheers and enjoy either way

jack
  3. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

It seems to be normal with Renegades. I have 2 of them, and just use a Ted Cash capper. It's holds a few caps in a thin "box" for lack of a better word, and you can get it in under the hammer easily. I have big hands, and I couldn't cap these rifles easily any other way. I never felt good about going to full cock, capping and then lowering the hammer to half cock.