TEA Party--With Guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by pinecone70, Oct 9, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Sure, but I still have to get a license, which is determined by my county sheriff, he granted me the privilege. Just because you should be able to doesn't mean it's legal to go ahead and exercise your right to carry a gun around without a license where it is required.

I didn't write the rules. I just follow them so I do not have my guns taken away permanently.
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Pinecone, I understand that like most of us you do what you gotta do to continue enjoying the sport we love, however I believe thinking that the county sheriff granted you the privilege is the wrong mindset. Our rights are God given and constitutionally protected. When we start looking at them as privileges we allow those in authority to believe they are arbitrary and subject to government approval.
  3. 45nut

45nut New Member

Well if your skeered of exercising your rights because of what the panty waist libs think about you, chances are, you ain't loosing much. You have already abdicated them away based on what others think of you if you decide to exercise them.

Showing up at political rallies legally armed and causing no trouble will show those willing to see that legal gun owners are not a threat. Nothing is more pro gun and more thought provoking than showing up to a rally armed just to let Fedzilla and the libs that we are still around.

Remember the old adage Use it or Lose it? It's time to get down on the libs level and whip their @$$.

Remember, when the SHTF I'm armed and the panty waist libs aren't.
  4. Lost One

Lost One New Member

Well with the way they are chipping away at our rights to own guns I dont believe it will be to long before anyone will be able to own them. If you are a felon you cannot own a firearm, now look at all the laws they are making felonies and they keep adding new laws everyday it seems. I'm wondering how long its going to take before they make a traffic violation a felony or a parking ticket a felony.
  5. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Pinecone, I just thought you should know that Minnesota is a "Shall Issue state", meaning that if you are not a felon or have mental problems, they must issue your CCW license. They have no choice. There are training and proficency hoops etc. that one must jump through but pretty much anybody who qualifies gets one.

If your sheriff left you with the impression that it was up to him, he misled you. Minnesota has declared itself a "Shall Issue" State.

Minnesota was a "prove a need law" state at one time but that was before 2004.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

One of the biggest mistakes we made was when we allowed our hired hands to start calling themselves "lawmakers" rather than "elected representatives."

EVERY time you catch a politician or MSM calling them "lawmakers" call them on it. It won't do any good with MSM, but cards and letters to politicians do count.

Pops
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
  8. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Pinecone, You in Michigan or Minnesota?
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

10. 45nut

45nut New Member

11. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

privilege n. a special benefit, exemption from a duty, or immunity from penalty, given to a particular person, a group or a class of people.

Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right

Right n. In a concrete legal sense, a power, privilege, demand, or claim possessed by a particular person by virtue of law.

Sounds as though several of us are beginning to dance upon the head of a pin!
  12. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

Hi Pine Cone,
    Way too young to remember hunting with my grand dad in Wisconsin, but many fond memories of Minnesota in the 50s. I was trusted to carry and maintain granddad's Colt 22 Police Positive Target during the hunting seasons.
    No one ever questioned it, once out of the twin cities, and it was a natural thing. Many times on a Friday we brought cased 22s for a squirrel and cottontail hunt after school. Even ran a trapline on the edge of town. Guess I never noticed the conservatism there is now. Maybe it was there the whole time and I never saw it. I agree with the fact that shall issue means just that. With no criminal background, it isn't a granted right by the Sheriff.
    Open carry does draw attention now sometimes positive and other they really want to express wrong doing with action to be taken. What needs to be done now is to allow other states who have the shall issue to allow the same privledges to those out of state, to carry in all those states. It wouldn't be long before it would be a non issue and the anti gun leadership will be seeking another job. Hopefully in some other country!
  13. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

MN is a strange and fascinating place. I took the pellet gun for show and tell in school, and I had a jack knife in my pocket all through grade school, no one cared.

Open carry would make me nervous, I wouldn't want anyone trying to grab the gun, it might not be so tough to overpower me that way. I like concealing because no one knows about it but me, and most would never suspect.