TEA Party--With Guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by pinecone70, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

privilege n. a special benefit, exemption from a duty, or immunity from penalty, given to a particular person, a group or a class of people.

Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right

Right n. In a concrete legal sense, a power, privilege, demand, or claim possessed by a particular person by virtue of law.

Sounds as though several of us are beginning to dance upon the head of a pin!
  2. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

Hi Pine Cone,
    Way too young to remember hunting with my grand dad in Wisconsin, but many fond memories of Minnesota in the 50s. I was trusted to carry and maintain granddad's Colt 22 Police Positive Target during the hunting seasons.
    No one ever questioned it, once out of the twin cities, and it was a natural thing. Many times on a Friday we brought cased 22s for a squirrel and cottontail hunt after school. Even ran a trapline on the edge of town. Guess I never noticed the conservatism there is now. Maybe it was there the whole time and I never saw it. I agree with the fact that shall issue means just that. With no criminal background, it isn't a granted right by the Sheriff.
    Open carry does draw attention now sometimes positive and other they really want to express wrong doing with action to be taken. What needs to be done now is to allow other states who have the shall issue to allow the same privledges to those out of state, to carry in all those states. It wouldn't be long before it would be a non issue and the anti gun leadership will be seeking another job. Hopefully in some other country!
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

MN is a strange and fascinating place. I took the pellet gun for show and tell in school, and I had a jack knife in my pocket all through grade school, no one cared.

Open carry would make me nervous, I wouldn't want anyone trying to grab the gun, it might not be so tough to overpower me that way. I like concealing because no one knows about it but me, and most would never suspect.