Tebow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Duke, Jan 9, 2012.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

He did it again!!!!:D
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I do not know crap about sports, but I am getting sick and tired of people making fun of him for praying after touch downs, or whatever he does. It is like people who make fun of Tom Cruise. I agree, he might be a nut, but dammit, he stands up for what he believes in and that is FING COOL.
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Been a Steelers fan since 69 when Hanratty was talking big things about the 1-13 Steelers and this new guy named Bradshaw. Steelers weren't going places this season with all the injuries anyway, glad to see Tebow have a great game and hope he does the same with Pats; but he'll need another great game, hope he has 3 in a row too.

When he connected on the first play of overtime, well kinda hard to beat that karma, destiny for sure. Good going Denver and Pittsburgh will be back in playoffs nx year again like most other years; a Burgh Thing.

Great to see the good guy win big now and then.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Vlad, tebow is not a nut. He is the most humble down to earth normal guy you ever would want to meet. Its normal for the liberals and athiests to hate him and folks like him. He is the absolute real deal and they cant handle that. They are begging for him to fail somehow, someway. They are hoping he will crash and burn. Its a spiritual battle. Its not really against him. Its a good and evil battle. Its been going on since the beginning of time.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    :yeahthat:
  6. The Duke

The Duke New Member

+1 Double D....If more American men were like Tebow, we would have a much greater country....
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

In my oppinion anyone focusing on the act of a man openly giving thanks for his success, for the purpose of being critical of it, is obviously unsure but hoping there is no god because he knows he's trouble if there is.
  8. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

That was just pure awesomeness. I know the Pats beat them up pretty bad a few weeks back but they did have a great 1st quarter. I am of course routing for New England but will say right up front if they lose I will not be bitter. I think its great to see Tebow and wish him great success.
  9. The Duke

The Duke New Member

I hope my grandson will have Tebow as a role model...He's a lot like him now, modest, smart, atheletic and above all, a good Christian...(brag, brag, brag):D
  10. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I have to admit that he is the only Florida Gator I have ever wanted to succeed. I even pulled for Fl. to beat Ga. when Tebow was QB for the Gators. Its just hard to not want to see him succeed.
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

STEELERS LOST! I loved it.:D

And Tebow (face it, one of the worst NFL passers) missed passes all night as usual -but- he did hit on three (I think) over 50 yards on Sunday including that 11 second OT winner.

Good for him. If he gets his passing form down over the off season he'll be a tough contender.

Oh, BTW NE is a 13.5 point favorite coming up, I'll pull for Denver still a 125:1 long shot to win it all.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  12. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

Stats show people don't hate Tebow. They were just talking about this on my drive home. The media want him to fail because they want to be right. They touted how Tebow can in no way possible succeed in the NFL and as long as he keeps winning they look like failures. His Jersey is the highest selling in the NFL. They said the game last night was the highest rated playoff game in 24 years. Take the sports media out of the picture and he is loved. Sure some people may have something against him simply due to his religious beliefs, but in reality those people really don't care. They just want attention. I mean players have been praying on the field since games were invented and there hasn't been a big stink about it.

I do think the media likes to push the idea to get people riled up.
    Both sports talk channels hosts are making a big deal how he had:
    316 passing yards
    31.6 yards per catch
    31.6 CBS 4th quarter TV ratings
    like it is a sign or something. John 3:16
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  13. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I think many left leaning comedians or talk show hosts dislike him because they think about thire own shortfalls and the way they live.This makes them uncomfortable and then they hate him for what he stands for, righteous,pureness and holyness.He is the talk on radio and T.V.and every station.I love it, it's funny to watch.
  14. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

STEELERS LOST! I loved it.

Ain't it just like a Brownie, ha. With Ben hurt, at least not a concussion; I was quite happy to see Steelers beat Cleveland twice and at least make the playoffs; and they'll be back nx season healthy.

I hope Tebow keeps winning, too cool. How about Elway, his big ole mouth grinning from ear to ear.
  15. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah a long time BROWNS fan, well at least I got to see the greatest JIM BROWN play when I was a teenager, plus some exciting years up until the 1990s. Oh well at least I'm loyal and not a flip-flopper (like some I know).

And if the Broncos beat the Pats next weekend it will be a major all-time shocker.....I'd like to see that!
  16. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

In a sport filled with scumbags, Tebow - for his ethics - stands out ! And that's his biggest liability ! IOW, he shames a lot of the "stars" in the league !

IMNSHO, Tebow is having the usual rookie season. Some instances of portending greatness interspersed with usual rookie mistakes. After a few games he got some respect/effort from the "vets", only to see that diminush as the media mavens began their hawking...... For those old enough, recall "Broadway Joe Nemath's" rookie season.

I admire Mr. Tebow for his dedication. I suspect pro ball is, to him, a vehicle to empower his personal ambitions - and those are sterling ! In a sport increasingly characterized by criminal behaviors and drug abuse Mr. Tebow stands aloof. Perhaps he's the "beacon" the NFL needs to lead its teams/players/owners back into the light of public acceptance. >MW
  17. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Nah nah sorry, meant Tom Cruise is a nut :D. But, like Tebow, he stands for what he believes in and I like that :D.
  18. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

That is great - thanks for pointing it out.
  19. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Love him or hate him, one thing is for sure: He just took the title away from OJ's truck as the most famous white Bronco:D
  20. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

you guys keep talking about Tebow, but why hasn't anyone mentioned Tecurtsey? :D :p